• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stoke City

Really odd appointment. As someone with a betting slip that says 'Stoke to be relegated - 7/1' on it, I'm quite happy but I wouldn't be if I was a Stoke fan.

Surely Lambert needs to prove himself again in the Championship before getting another Premier League gig? Remember how dire that Villa side of his was? hell even Sherwood was an improvement.

Looks to me like the Stoke board were prepared to take a watchful brief while they assessed potential candidates, but felt the need to act more urgently after the FA Cup debacle. They went for Quique Flores who elected to stay at Espanyol instead, and then felt the need to appoint whoever was available at the time of asking.

Premier League experience sure, but one of the least inspiring appointments for some time. Thought Gary Rowett might've been on the cards but perhaps he's happy at Derby.

This news has prompted Paddy Power to pay out bets on Stoke to be relegated. Shame my punt on them was with a different firm...

Before anyone asks why i think it would have been a good appointment for PB
firstly its oop North so he would be closer to his family
secondly I think he is a better manager than Paul Lambert
thirdly Why do you think out football has been so dire this season,I think its because the only players that could understnd him were the ones signed from ooop North all the Londoners and ones from further down South had no idea what he was talking about ,so therefore much confusion over tactics on the playing field ...........hehehehe

Looks to me like the Stoke board were prepared to take a watchful brief while they assessed potential candidates, but felt the need to act more urgently after the FA Cup debacle. They went for Quique Flores who elected to stay at Espanyol instead, and then felt the need to appoint whoever was available at the time of asking.

Premier League experience sure, but one of the least inspiring appointments for some time. Thought Gary Rowett might've been on the cards but perhaps he's happy at Derby.

I suspect that the 4 million euros that Espanyol wanted to buy up his contract (over a season and a half to run) plus his own personal terms might have had a lot to do with it too.QF certainly gave a bizarre press conference on the day before Espanyol's game wih Bilbao last weekend to explain why he was staying.Incidentally, a mate told me last night that Pochettino was at the game.Wonder who he was watching? Espanyol's Gerrard Moreno perhaps? The club have had a bid for him from an unamed club.

Back