• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moan, moan, groan, groan. Where has The love gone?

It is not all doom and gloom. Fortune favours the brave. Despite the crap I witnessed at Sixfields today.

Yes we have had some rotten luck with deflections, injuries, **** poor referees and the bad news as regards the playing squad moving on. Nevertheless, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel I am sure.

Ranger may have fired his last silver bullet or rode out into the wilderness with Tonto.
Lennie may well be walking in a Yorkshire wonderland.
Anton may well have lost his legs.
Ted Smith may have gone AWOL.
Josh Wright may be suffering TOWIE stage fright.
However, the person formally known as “Stephen Hendrie” may yet come out of the closet and save us. After all we are Southend United and we never do things the easy way.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, and my god has Alison Moyet shifted some timber!

Mathematically we can still do it! Believe and it will happen. I reckon Ron’s has placed the war chest coffers on the green zero and it will come good. All this bitching and finger pointing! It is so easy to make a scrape goat.

When we lift the playoff trophy in May after a Theo Robinson double against Pompey, we will look back on this poor run and say “Same Old Southend, taking the ****!”

Has the Tango Man ever let us down? If Phil says he has some targets he is chasing up then I believe him. I am sure PB has a non-League Messi on stand by and he’ll pluck an undiscovered talent in the Collymore mould or help a forgotten hero recapture his glory.

I guess I have to remain positive to my Shrimperzone name. We can go on a 19 game winning streak! If not in this reality, in a parallel universe full of rambling idiots and deluded old sods. :winking:

Up the blues!

It is not all doom and gloom. Fortune favours the brave. Despite the crap I witnessed at Sixfields today.

Yes we have had some rotten luck with deflections, injuries, **** poor referees and the bad news as regards the playing squad moving on. Nevertheless, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel I am sure.

Ranger may have fired his last silver bullet or rode out into the wilderness with Tonto.
However, the person formally known as “Stephen Hendrie” may yet come out of the closet and save us. After all we are Southend United and we never do things the easy way.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, and my god has Alison Moyet shifted some timber!

Mathematically we can still do it! Believe and it will happen. I reckon Ron’s has placed the war chest coffers on the green zero and it will come good. All this bitching and finger pointing! It is so easy to make a scrape goat.

When we lift the playoff trophy in May after a Theo Robinson double against Pompey, we will look back on this poor run and say “Same Old Southend, taking the ****!”

Has the Tango Man ever let us down? If Phil says he has some targets he is chasing up then I believe him. I am sure PB has a non-League Messi on stand by and he’ll pluck an undiscovered talent in the Collymore mould or help a forgotten hero recapture his glory.

I guess I have to remain positive to my Shrimperzone name. We can go on a 19 game winning streak! If not in this reality, in a parallel universe full of rambling idiots and deluded old sods. :winking:

Up the blues!

Stop sniffing that stuff!

Up the blues!

I was with you all the way until you mentioned a Theo Robinson double!

For some reason, this thread has just reminded me of the forgotten Rob Kiernan. What a blinding piece of business that was! Some might even say, "wow"

More chance of the Ark of the Covenant being discovered. We should just focus on getting rid of the deadwood and rebuilding a team that can finish mid-table.

Didn’t that involve a change of manager, though?

It did, but only after the momentum of results had swung round.

Lee Johnson was manager when they were bottom on 5th December 2015, but was still there a few months later, before he moved to Bristol City in February 2016.

By then, they were on the march, anyway, winning virtually every match apart from one at Oakwell that we all might recall fondly! :winking:

Back