• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The same goes for anything that you yourself find incredibly funny. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour as you. That's why some people like Mrs Brown's Boys and those with a brain think it's utter dross.

Not my bag. I prefer Mr Browns Boys, far more entertaining at the moment.

This is the whole reason I stopped posting, a long time ago, I was fed up with being shouted down by the clique of posters that seems to know everything. Just because people don’t post on here very often, it doesn’t mean their opinions are any less acceptable than the regular poster.

Well said, please carry on posting.

I think a lot of people kind of forget the rules of the internet, if you're replying to a thread on the Internet follow these rules

1) Read original opinion
2) Formulate opinion
3a) If you agree, either +1 it or just carry on with your life
3b) If you disagree or even think the poster is a tool continue with these steps
4a) Ignore it and just carry on with your life
4b) Type your reply
5) Read what you typed
6) Think to yourself - "would I say this to the person's face?" - If yes - go to 7, if no - go back to 4
7) Click "Post"

The same goes for anything that you yourself find incredibly funny. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour as you. That's why some people like Mrs Brown's Boys and those with a brain think it's utter dross.

If you go with this as a rough guide for using the Internet it will mainly work out ok. Following these points will help greatly in avoiding posts such as "why don't you meet me in person for a chat about this" etc. You're not going to change someones opinion by telling them that they're wrong. They've formed their opinion and you've probably got better things to do with your day like spend time with loved ones or something rather than arguing with words on a screen.

Much love.

Is acting like 'real life' really a rule for the internet?

Asking for a friend.

In most cases I will be constructive with my criticism and disagree politely. I have called people "clueless" and such like before but I think it's generally well founded. Football is an emotional game and some people post when their emotions are high and I have seen people apologise for it too, I think we can forgive those people. If people make bold statements for impact like "Phil Brown is the worst manager I have ever seen in my 30 year supporting southend" then I think it is fair to call them clueless. I mean Alvin Martin? Alan Little?

In most cases I will be constructive with my criticism and disagree politely. I have called people "clueless" and such like before but I think it's generally well founded. Football is an emotional game and some people post when their emotions are high and I have seen people apologise for it too, I think we can forgive those people. If people make bold statements for impact like "Phil Brown is the worst manager I have ever seen in my 30 year supporting southend" then I think it is fair to call them clueless. I mean Alvin Martin? Alan Little?

No Internet forum in those days, letter to the Echo, you either got on with it or voted with your feet

you have to take a chance sometimes, RHB :smile:

Seriously though, there was much to admire and agree with there OBL. Heads needed banging together. You wouldn’t be interested in a Team Leader role that I hear may be vacant soon in the Victoria Avenue area?

you have to take a chance sometimes, RHB :smile:

Seriously though, there was much to admire and agree with there OBL. Heads needed banging together. You wouldn’t be interested in a Team Leader role that I hear may be vacant soon in the Victoria Avenue area?

Haha! Do you know, I've been thinking a lot recently about how to get the lads playing for the club properly again - and I reckon a lot of the techniques and methods we used in school would work!

Haha! Do you know, I've been thinking a lot recently about how to get the lads playing for the club properly again - and I reckon a lot of the techniques and methods we used in school would work!

What, do you mean like 'would you like a sweetie little boy'? that sort stuff? Or maybe bitter Aloes on the finger nails for under performers?

TURNER!!!! Stop playing with Cox behind the bike sheds, I’ve told you about that before. Any more of that and I’ll have you over my knee.

TIMLIN!!! If I have to tell you any more about fighting in the playground you ‘orrible little squirt I’ll have your guts for garters!

FERDINAND!!! Stop runni... oh.

Back