• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we give Nile another chance given our injury situation?

• Total voters
Tamplin shouldn't take it personal. Nile probably isn't out of bed yet and will no doubt call a bit later.

Wouldn't surprise me if hindsight proves this as Nile's best option. Should (in theory) score bags of goals at that level and then perhaps turn the heads of clubs higher up.

Although having said that, he was supposed to do that with us!

If he's got any plans to stay in football he needs his head examining (even more than before) for not talking to Billericay. Who else is actually going to pay him to play football now. Can't believe even Tamplin wants to touch him to be honest, but whatever you think of either of them Nile is probably throwing away his final (and unexpected) lifeline to the pro game.

I bet he gets a club soon - assuming of course he wants one and hasn’t gone on holiday or something. A lower league club in a pickle will take a gamble because he’s the sort of quality they can’t get in the usual course of events.

I don't think anyone looking at situation at Southend will take Niles sacking too seriously ....

I would have thought freeing up the budget was the main reason - apart some also attempting a diversion and maybe hoping to prove you will get serious with some others.

did Wordsworth get any community service ?

Not heard anything about Nile recently ........ I presume his agent (who probably has torn all his/her hair out by now) will be looking to get Nile into a club for pre-season training and then some game appearances as a trialist during pre-season.

Not heard anything about Nile recently ........ I presume his agent (who probably has torn all his/her hair out by now) will be looking to get Nile into a club for pre-season training and then some game appearances as a trialist during pre-season.

I have no doubt we will read about Nile having a trial or two in the future.

Still out there on Insta being all gangsta and showing off his lip tattoo.....think there's an unfollow due shortly

Still out there on Insta being all gangsta and showing off his lip tattoo.....think there's an unfollow due shortly

Reckon we all know how this will end up, total waste of a financially secure career gone out the window. If you cant help yourself, no-one else can?.

And that's his problem. Half Gangsta, half footballer. When he's past it and no longer able to get well paid for being a footballer, he'll probably be the first to say ''What an idiot, what a waste''.

AFC Wimbledon reportedly considering offering him a pay as you play deal but he has another court case lined up which could be decisive on whether they make an offer or not.

AFC Wimbledon reportedly considering offering him a pay as you play deal but he has another court case lined up which could be decisive on whether they make an offer or not.

Wow! I'm struggling to find words to describe how much he doesn't deserve another chance and it makes my brain hurt! Woody must be a smooth talker, I remember OBL [maybe?] saying they were really close here...

Wow! I'm struggling to find words to describe how much he doesn't deserve another chance and it makes my brain hurt! Woody must be a smooth talker, I remember OBL [maybe?] saying they were really close here...

"Were" being the operative word.

Yes, was just about to post it too Chris, quite honest, but he's definitely stretching the truth about prison!

Yes, was just about to post it too Chris, quite honest, but he's definitely stretching the truth about prison!

He is stretching the truth and leaving many other truths out of his story - waste of talent, waste of space.

You don't get banned for drinking alcohol after all!!!!

What's he meant to do? Go to the paper and say "Yeah, I'm a complete waste of space, but I'd like another shot at a football career"? Much like how we dress up our CV in order to get a job, this is exactly what Nile has done here.

Back