• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What about mangers. Herman is still in touch with Dave Smith, still visits him when he is down in Devon. Probably a bit to early to have a word with PB.

My other half runs a fitness class with Leo Roget in Tottenham and I'm playing cricket with Danny Greaves on Monday. I could ask them? What is the deal?

It's a free association for former players- they get a newsletter regularly, they can ask us for contact details of players they've lost touch with, we put on events at the ground to reconnect players. They can see what other former players are up to.
It's a great initiative.

What about mangers. Herman is still in touch with Dave Smith, still visits him when he is down in Devon. Probably a bit to early to have a word with PB.

Getting Dave Smith would be a real coup. I think I have a contact number for the chap who still sees him, I'll try and spend a bit of time on SUEPA tomorrow and seek it out.

I realise that SUEPA is for past players, but there are past players that have sadly past away who have family living ,sons ,daughters etc, couldnt there also be a special day where they can be invited along for all the fans to say thankyou to them as a way of honouring their father.Just a thought!

I realise that SUEPA is for past players, but there are past players that have sadly past away who have family living ,sons ,daughters etc, couldnt there also be a special day where they can be invited along for all the fans to say thankyou to them as a way of honouring their father.Just a thought!

I like this idea, if you follow SUEPA on social media then you would know we have remembered a former 'keeper who had passed away at a young age. I've also wanted to be able to do something for Mitchell Cole's family so this would be a way to do that.

Just wondered about the sensitivity issue with asking for new members.
How long do you leave it before asking Timlin, Fortune etc ?
Want then in but ....

Just wondered about the sensitivity issue with asking for new members.
How long do you leave it before asking Timlin, Fortune etc ?
Want then in but ....

I think Lenny was the one we got in soonest after he left, there's no hard and fast rules. I certainly wouldn't suggest it until they've found new clubs though.

Any chance of tracking down Eddie Firmani - unless already approached?

Yes, we will follow up any reasonable lead. On his Wiki page it states: "He was also held captive during the First Gulf War, but was released unharmed". Tempting though it might be to ask Agent OBL to take a trip out there and follow that one up I suspect the trail has gone a bit cold by now. If you have any news for us to follow up do let us know.

Any chance of tracking down Eddie Firmani - unless already approached?

Yes, we will follow up any reasonable lead. On his Wiki page it states: "He was also held captive during the First Gulf War, but was released unharmed". Tempting though it might be to ask Agent OBL to take a trip out there and follow that one up I suspect the trail has gone a bit cold by now. If you have any news for us to follow up do let us know.
Eddie Firmani is on FB, I did try and contact him a couple of years ago but no luck.

Eddie Firmani, one of my heroes, his laconic style, so impressive, made those around him look so much better. My sources tell me, if you are looking for him, he recently moved, I am not 100% sure, but I think his address is [censored]

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Firmani, one of my heroes, his laconic style, so impressive, made those around him look so much better. My sources tell me, if you are looking for him, he recently moved, I am not 100% sure, but I think his address is [redacted].

He was certainly a great player and to think we only saw him right at the end of his career.

Saw a picture of him on a wall in the corridors of the Stadio Luigi Ferraris - he was held in high esteem wherever he played.

Players we've had more recently who have made those around them look so much better, have done so by comparison !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back