Likes Likes:  205
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 159 of 159

Thread: SUFC Ex-Players Association (SUEPA)

  1. #151
    Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Benfleet
    Posts
    43,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannypav View Post
    Just wondered about the sensitivity issue with asking for new members.
    How long do you leave it before asking Timlin, Fortune etc ?
    Want then in but ....
    I think Lenny was the one we got in soonest after he left, there's no hard and fast rules. I certainly wouldn't suggest it until they've found new clubs though.

  2. #152

    Default

    Any chance of tracking down Eddie Firmani - unless already approached?

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Any chance of tracking down Eddie Firmani - unless already approached?
    Yes, we will follow up any reasonable lead. On his Wiki page it states: "He was also held captive during the First Gulf War, but was released unharmed". Tempting though it might be to ask Agent OBL to take a trip out there and follow that one up I suspect the trail has gone a bit cold by now. If you have any news for us to follow up do let us know.
    Author of 'Roots To The 92', the book with a heavy Shrimpers twist. Please like our 'Roots To The 92' Facebook page where you can learn more about the book: https://www.facebook.com/RootsToThe92/

  4. #154

    Default

    Up to 134 members now, Bart, Lee Nogan and Big Nev being the latest joiners in the past week
    Author of 'Roots To The 92', the book with a heavy Shrimpers twist. Please like our 'Roots To The 92' Facebook page where you can learn more about the book: https://www.facebook.com/RootsToThe92/

  5. #155
    First XI
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Any chance of tracking down Eddie Firmani - unless already approached?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset View Post
    Yes, we will follow up any reasonable lead. On his Wiki page it states: "He was also held captive during the First Gulf War, but was released unharmed". Tempting though it might be to ask Agent OBL to take a trip out there and follow that one up I suspect the trail has gone a bit cold by now. If you have any news for us to follow up do let us know.
    Eddie Firmani is on FB, I did try and contact him a couple of years ago but no luck.

  6. #156

    Default

    Eddie Firmani, one of my heroes, his laconic style, so impressive, made those around him look so much better. My sources tell me, if you are looking for him, he recently moved, I am not 100% sure, but I think his address is [censored]
    Last edited by Yorkshire Blue; 14-06-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Probably not a good idea to publicly post his address up for the world to see. We'll PM it to the relevant people.

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodUSA View Post
    Eddie Firmani, one of my heroes, his laconic style, so impressive, made those around him look so much better. My sources tell me, if you are looking for him, he recently moved, I am not 100% sure, but I think his address is [redacted].
    He was certainly a great player and to think we only saw him right at the end of his career.

    Saw a picture of him on a wall in the corridors of the Stadio Luigi Ferraris - he was held in high esteem wherever he played.

    Players we've had more recently who have made those around them look so much better, have done so by comparison !
    Last edited by Yorkshire Blue; 14-06-2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Redacted address from quoted post

  8. #158

    Default

    I am now in touch with someone close to Eddie Firmani!
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

  9. #159

    Default

    *deleted****
    Last edited by MK Shrimper; 14-06-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors