• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ATTENTION! Sat 21 April at Roots Hall v MK Dons, a SUEPA event: "POWELL'S PALS". Players who were team mates with Chris will be at the game, a pre-match on the pitch intro, then after the match a FREE Q&A event in the East Stand Far Post Bar. More details to follow over the next week - stay tuned, you really won't want to miss this.

Lots more details to follow, and plnty of publicity too.

Make sure you get your seat at the match by 2.45 pm, and then get to the far Post Bar after the final whistle.

A great line up has promised to be there - I'll be releasing more details in the coming few days. And I repeat, it's FREE!

SUEPA: working for the ex players, the fans and the club.

^^ This promises to be an excellent FREE event for supporters, or at least, supporters who've been to the match. A massive well done to Suffolk Shrimper for all his hard work in putting it together.

Great idea/initiative - although I see a certain F.Eastwood's name missing from the list ;-)

Great idea/initiative - although I see a certain F.Eastwood's name missing from the list ;-)

Hoping to get him signed up at the Havens Night on 4th May - though we did debate whether he would have an email address for us to communicate through!

Latest Nerws on the Powell's Pals event on Saturday - the free Q&A session in the Far Post Bar at 5.15 pm will be compered by one of our own, SUEPA member and genial host, David Crown!

This is top news, David is great at this kind of thing - make sure you get there!

There will be another SUEPA event at the game v The Gas on Saturday.

It will be a more modest affair than the last game but it does involve a SUFC true legend and also one of our oldest fans. There will be an article in the match day prog, on the website in a day or so plus I'll post up a bit on the SUEPA FB and Twitter pages, but in brief:

- our FOURTH record appearance holder TONY BENTLEY will be present. He is on a visit over from his home in Canada so we've sorted the opportunity to get him to Roots Hall and make a bit of an event of it. Tony was a full back who made 417 apps for us in the 1960's.
- he will be accomanied by his friend Ray Sorrell, aged 90, who first saw SUFC play in 1933 at The Kursaal! I've met Ray and he is a lovely guy, he lives locally, visits to Roots are rarer for him now but he was at the recent Gills match and he recalls lots of key games over the years including the Bert Truatman match in the mud in the 50's.
- both will be introduced to the fans shortly before kick-off
- I'm in the process of seeing whether we can manage an opportunity for anyone who wants pics/autographs with Tony (and Ray!), possibly in the Legends Lounge after the match. If anyone would specifically like to come and say hello to them do let me know.

More SUEPA events will be staged next year - been a bit quiet since the last match managing my move to Swanage in Dorset but will be back on track soon and got a new SUEPA member or two lined up to post details of on our social media pages later this week (one possibly holds a current record - trying to find out more re that - and one if I can finally nail it is someone we have been after for ages!)

Anyone know how I can change my name on SZ from Suffolk Shrimper? Thinking about 'Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset' unless anyone has any better ideas - whatever, certainly a tad less convenient for home games but I moved so that when we next draw Yeovil away in the cup I'll be handily placed.

UTB

Anyone know how I can change my name on SZ from Suffolk Shrimper? Thinking about 'Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset' unless anyone has any better ideas - whatever, certainly a tad less convenient for home games but I moved so that when we next draw Yeovil away in the cup I'll be handily placed.
UTB
Think there's a thread in Area 51 for name changes, or PM Cricko.

Just posted up news on our FB/Twitter pages of our latest signing - our 50th midfielder out of a total squad now of 122. It's a great one too - Jack Bridge we think could be the oldest Shrimper player still alive (unless you know different?) - he is 86 and was with us 1950 to 1956.

Following four more signings last night (Mark G, Chris Ramsey, Peter Goy and Sir Fred) and Big Bill on Friday we are now up to 129. Will publish a revisd full list soon.

Last edited:
It's 130 days since we started and with the signing this eve of Jim Fryatt we now have 130 members! Lets make it a SUEPA Summer and keep the momentum going - any leads you might have on potential new signings PLEASE do get in touch.
A full list is as follows:
Goalkeepers
Mervyn Cawston
Darryl Flahavan
Cameron Belford
Steve Collis
Derek Bellotti
John Burridge
Ian Joyce
Steve Mildenhall
John Stannard
John Keely
Sean Rafter
Daniel Bentley
Paul Sansome
Neil Freeman
Terry Alderton
Peter Goy
Defenders
Adam Barrett
Ton Hadley
Alan Moody
Andy Harris
Spencer Prior
Mark Phillips
Johnny Herd
Mark Beard
Danny O'Shea
Andy Dixon
Phil Dudley
Che Wilson
Mark Hone
Frankie Banks
Guy Butters
David McSweeney
Dave Barnett
John Walker
Peter Clarke
Frank Matthews
Tam Mkandawire
Lewis Hunt
Efe Sodje
Shane Westley
Michael Spillane
Tony Bentley
Chris Powell
Steven Hammell
Adam Thompson
Steve Hatter
Pat Scully
Chris Ramsey
Midfielders
Ron Poutney
Paul Byrne
Carl Hutchings
Adrian Clarke
Garry Nelson
Leon Johnson
Alan McCormack
Peter Daley
Jimmy Corbett
Danny Kerrigan
Peter Taylor
David Lee
Derek Hall
Julian Hails
Mark Bentley
Kevin Maher
Dave Martin
Dave Elliott
Glenn Pennyfather
Jason Cook
John Baber
Ken Reynolds
Terry Nicholl
Anton Outulakowski
Andy Ansah
Steve Tilson
Ricky Otto
Ryan Leonard
Colin Morris
Gerry Fell
Bobby Kellard
Peter Butler
Mike Marsh
Peter Hunt
Scott Forbes
Micky Laverick
Adrian Owers
Terry Johnson
Craig Easton
Declan Perkins
Damian Scannell
Alex Woodyard
Will Atkinson
Nicky Bailey
Ryan Hall
Martin Ling
Sanchez Watt
Jeff Hull
Mark Hall
Jack Bridge
Mark Gower
Strikers
Derek Spence
David Crown
Keith Mercer
Lawrie Dudfield
Andy Thomson
Billy Best
Ian Benjamin
Roy McDonough
Liam Dickinson
Blair Sturrock
John Linford
Drewe Broughton
Stan Collymore
Gary Moore
Gary Bennett
Stuart Parker
Lee Barnard
David Allaway
David Mooney
Francis Laurent
Derrick Parker
Terry Gray
Peter Silvester
Harry Crawford
Paul Furlong
Bill Garner
Freddie Eastwood
Jim Fryatt
Coaching/Backroom
Steve Parmenter
Buster Footman
Steve Thompson

My other half runs a fitness class with Leo Roget in Tottenham and I'm playing cricket with Danny Greaves on Monday. I could ask them? What is the deal?

Back