• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is there any way on one of the original posts you could put the full list of members and then edit it and add to it when people join?

It will give people the chance to see who is already involved and maybe help with other members getting in touch with players who aren’t members.

Great idea and more what I was thinking about when I asked about the knockback. A list of people invited, accepted and declined would be quite interesting. Either way, completely up to the organisers and a great job they’re doing so far.

I think the "edit post feature" runs out after a period of time for members, so not sure that would exactly work.

I think the "edit post feature" runs out after a period of time for members, so not sure that would exactly work.

If that’s the case then post updated list whenever someone has been added to it.

Okie dokie, here is the current list - 101. I post it up from time to time on our Facebook page (mostly when we reach a landmark number) and will aim to do the same here when I remember.

There are loads of leads being pursued tho there is no control list of them as that would be too difficult to maintain - this is not meant to be my full time job :unsure: Not worried tho about folk duplicating leads we are following, if an ex player gets asked twice or more by different folk they might get the hint a little more easily. All I need is their ok and their email address (a phone number can be useful).

Suggesting names is fine but getting us a warm lead is far far better, and if you want to ask them yourself that is great, everyone is a SUEPA agent in my eyes, I can't follow them all! If in any doubt just ask me (or Kay).

Just drafted articles this morn for the club website/Shrimpers Trust newsletter and the next AAS. We are giving CP (not the sir one) a nudge (again) re his paper and will try the Southend News Network. If you have any PR ideas (we've done BBC Essex once so far) do let us know. If ANYONE has a link in to a national media outlet (newspaper, footbal mag or similar) that might be good - tho this is a local thing the ex player association idea is a growing one, we are already linked up with and chatting to others such as Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Blackpool, Sunderland (some of them want to interact, others don't) and so it could be a news-worthy national interest item.

We will have a decent SUEPA event for a match before the end of the season - details as soon as I can firm it all up, but it should be good.

All good fun. Was half way up a tree pruning it yesterday and Tilly called which was a bit surreal.

Thanks to all for your support. :loyalsupporter:

Goalkeepers
Mervyn Cawston
Darryl Flahavan
Cameron Belford
Steve Collis
Derek Bellotti
John Burridge
Ian Joyce
Steve Mildenhall
John Stannard
John Keley
Sean Rafter
Daniel Bentley
Paul Sansome

Defenders
Adam Barrett
Ton Hadley
Alan Moody
Andy Harris
Spencer Prior
Mark Phillips
Johnny Herd
Mark Beard
Danny O'Shea
Andy Dixon
Phil Dudley
Che Wilson
Mark Hone
Frankie Banks
Guy Butters
David McSweeney
Dave Barnett
John Walker
Peter Clarke
Frank Matthews
Tam Mkandawire
Lewis Hunt
Efe Sodje
Shane Westley

Midfielders
Ron Poutney
Paul Byrne
Carl Hutchings
Adrian Clarke
Garry Nelson
Leon Johnson
Alan McCormack
Peter Daley
Jimmy Corbett
Danny Kerrigan
Peter Taylor
David Lee
Derek Hall
Julian Hails
Mark Bentley
Kevin Maher
Dave Martin
Dave Elliott
Glenn Pennyfather
Jason Cook
John Baber
Ken Reynolds
Terry Nicholl
Anton Outulakowski
Andy Ansah
Steve Tilson
Ricky Otto
Ryan Leonard
Colin Morris
Gerry Fell
Bobby Kellard
Peter Butler
Mike Marsh
Peter Hunt
Scott Forbes
Micky Laverick
Adrian Owers
Terry Johnson
Craig Easton

Strikers
Derek Spence
David Crown
Keith Mercer
Lawrie Dudfield
Andy Thomson
Billy Best
Ian Benjamin
Roy McDonough
Liam Dickinson
Blair Sturrock
John Linford
Drewe Broughton
Stan Collymore
Gary Moore
Gary Bennett
Stuart Parker
Lee Barnard
David Allaway
David Mooney
Francis Laurent
Derrick Parker
Terry Gray

Coaching/Backroom
Steve Parmenter
Buster Footman
Steve Thompson

Worth getting Iain MacIntosh involved from a journalistic point of view, and possibly Terry Alderton, who probably qualifies as a member anyway?!!!

Worth getting Iain MacIntosh involved from a journalistic point of view, and possibly Terry Alderton, who probably qualifies as a member anyway?!!!

I'm speaking to Terry - he's meant to be getting me a pic and then I'll post him up as our 14th goalkeeper!

Don't know Iain, could be a great idea, maybe we can chat about that at ST meeting on Monday?

I'm speaking to Terry - he's meant to be getting me a pic and then I'll post him up as our 14th goalkeeper!

Don't know Iain, could be a great idea, maybe we can chat about that at ST meeting on Monday?
Excellent - poster formerly known as Slipperduke on here, now under his own name.

Yesterday I bumped into the legend that is Peter Taylor - how do I upload a photo?

No Idea :whistling:
r8ghts.jpg

Ta buddy.

Peter Taylor is a legend. Saw my little'un's Southend hat and asked him how we were going to get on. No problem asking him for a photo either. Second only to Tilly in the nice stakes.

Surprised not see Simon Royce sign up (Is he still at Brentford back room staff)

Though on second thoughts never liked to sign autographs :smile:

Didn't Peter Silvester go to the US and won player of the year or something like that. The trophy looked like he'd won some US stock car race and was nearly as big as him.

Really ? I must have missed all his appearances :winking:

Really ? I must have missed all his appearances :winking:

Terry does qualify - just needs to have been a registered player which he was. Tony Currie would be the same, came on the pitch to warm up, pulled a muscle and was never seen again .... both Terry and Tony would be top names to get on board!

Back