• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was even funnier before Podge did that, because he had his track suit on and was warming up with the substitutes at the side of the pitch. Both teams thought he must be from the other team, Lol. It was hilarious as he went through his little runs down the touchline, and warm up stretches.
Podge(Neil Morgan) was one of the funniest spur of the moment type of guys ever. He was always doing crazy things. If told anywhere that he can't come in dressed in those clothes, he would take all his clothes off and try again.

Yep, that's correct. I was with him in the Golden Lion before the match and he said he fancied performing at the match and was standing next to him in the Paddock when he said "Watch this". In he shot he leapt the wall and was doing star jumps next to both teams subs and when he ran on the pitch and dropped his pants both sets of subs looked at each other as if to say "I thought he was with you" the look on their faces will stay with me forever.

I had one with Podge,Sir Carl and myself....from the mid 70s,long hair etc,but sadly,like most of my photos dont know where they are.If i find it,will TRY and put it on.
RIP Podge,God will have his hands "full",with him,Peter.K and Carlos together:omg:

Nobbler, do you have any photos of Podge ---- obviously not the bum shot.

24174648_10215039587372486_6790110361438072247_n.jpg

Left to right....Podge, Liquid Ray, Chris Axe, Don't know, Carl Connors, Graham Sage.

378116_323398811005981_221016527_n.jpg

In Old Leigh about 1976. The five 'Faces' at the front in this great photo are......Carl Connors, Rupert, Paul Cripps, Chris Facey and Podge.

what great photos..
its how i remember them still
I bet "faceache" never bought that beer:stunned:
What days

Apologies if I have the wrong Chap here, but I'm 99% sure I haven't...

I only 'met' this guy once - The Peterborough away promotion game back in '91.

We picked him up near the petrol station after the Fortune of War roundabout. I was sitting a few seats up from the back. He must have had a few chums right at the back because he went straight there. The first thing I heard him say was something about an unspecified amount of 'PCP up my hooter'. The second thing that he'd only paid half the fare because he didn't expect to be coming back on the coach 'cos he'd probably be arrested.

Before we left Roots Hall, the driver had informed us the khazi was out of action because there was no water in the system, so you couldn't flush it. This didn't matter to Mr Morgan as about 20 minutes after we picked him up, he was in there taking one of the smelliest dumps I've ever smelt, with the door wide open, laughing his tits off.

A short while after that I had a tap on my shoulder from a mate sitting behind me. I turned around to see Mr Morgan stark bollock naked, dancing around waggling his c*ck at the window for any vehicle behind us to see. I think he kept that up for almost all the rest of the journey.

The game, as most of you know - 2-1 to us, Sir David Crown with both.

The journey home was slightly less eventful aside from the fact Podge said he hadn't actually been to the game but spent it in a nearby boozer and that he spoke to the coach driver to 'suggest' he stop at a pub nearby so we could have a couple of celebratory beers.

To be fair to the driver, he did stop. We pulled in at the 'Bees In The Wall' south of Cambridge. It was shut. No matter, Podge knocked on the door and got the landlord out.
'We're Shut and we don't serve coaches.'
Five minutes later they're open and serving. A few beers later and we're on the way home. Excellent work Mr Podge.

I never saw him again, but during the one brief encounter I did have, I saw him take a dump, saw his bare arse, his wang and nutsack.
I firmly believe he helped shape me into the upstanding citizen I am today.

RIP Chap.

Yep that was Podge. But he got on the coach at Roots Hall. At the time he was in charge of the fruit and veg shop next to the Spread. When I turned up to get the coach he saw me and my Father-in-Law and decided to have a day out. Before we left his girlfriend told me to not let him drink as the doctors had put him on anti-buse...fat chance. When we got to Peterborough he went in the pub by the ground and told the manager his wife was on the way and could he run a tab up till she got there. He then gets drunk phones the girlfriend, she then phones the pub back to tell them to stop serving him booze. Manager gets a bit confused and says you can stop him when you get here, he then gets the hump when the girlfriend says she is still in Southend. Next thing Podge is being chased around the carpark by a very cheesed off manager. To top it all when we get back to the Bell Podge sells the scales from the shop for some beer money. Podge Morgan you didn't just burn the candle at both ends you set the bugger alight in the middle as well.

Back