• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would be interested to know if we were aware of his knee issues before we signed him and did a comprehensive medical, I did think it was a strange move at the time from his point of view and do wander if we took a risk that thus far has backfired massively.

Lets hope he can get fully fit and become that centre back we desperately need.

I'm sick and tired of all this finger pointing at players who are injured. I am quite sure they would prefer not to be injured!!!

I'm sick and tired of all this finger pointing at players who are injured. I am quite sure they would prefer not to be injured!!!

Provided they were totally open and honest during the recruitment process and they didn't get injured doing something stupid, you really can't blame them.

Provided they were totally open and honest during the recruitment process and they didn't get injured doing something stupid, you really can't blame them.
The Spanish keeper Santiago Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup from dropping an aftershave bottle on his foot- I think that passes as someone stupid.

Some of you people need to take a good look at yourselves in the mirror, how on earth can you put blame on Kiernan for the predicament the club is in, im sure he would rather be out on the ground plying his trade for Southend than being in operation
theatre having knee ops.I just hope he recovers full fitness because i believe we have ourselves a very talented CD in the making,whether it be this season or next i hope the club get him bak to full fitness and his knees in good health before throwing him to battle for us.

The Kiernan situation now reminds me of what my Barnsley friend told me about when Phil Gridelet joined them for £175,000 but didn't make any appearances on the pitch for ages. In fact, he only played 6 games in 2-and-a bit years. The Barnsley fans gave him the nickname 'God' because they knew he existed but couldn't see him.

Some of you people need to take a good look at yourselves in the mirror, how on earth can you put blame on Kiernan for the predicament the club is in, im sure he would rather be out on the ground plying his trade for Southend than being in operation
theatre having knee ops.I just hope he recovers full fitness because i believe we have ourselves a very talented CD in the making,whether it be this season or next i hope the club get him bak to full fitness and his knees in good health before throwing him to battle for us.
Where on my his thread is anyone blaming him?

The Kiernan situation now reminds me of what my Barnsley friend told me about when Phil Gridelet joined them for £175,000 but didn't make any appearances on the pitch for ages. In fact, he only played 6 games in 2-and-a bit years. The Barnsley fans gave him the nickname 'God' because they knew he existed but couldn't see him.

A bit of Phil Gridelet is what this team needs now.

He had an excellent engine as a box-to-box midfielder (before he tried to reinvent himself as a midfield playmaker) and regularly provided light relief with his numerous antics.

In fact I'm not entirely sure his whole career wasn't an elaborate piece of performance art.

The Spanish keeper Santiago Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup from dropping an aftershave bottle on his foot- I think that passes as someone stupid.

One Denmark player missed a world cup after twisting his knee getting his dinner out of the oven!

Where on my his thread is anyone blaming him?

It's my little tongue in cheek comment at the end of all the articles from the echo -saying that it was all his fault we we've been so bad. I started putting all the information together because we had heard so little but his progress recently just to remind my self about the sequence of events and had forgotten that we had actually paid a fee for him.

Just as I was finishing - Chris Phillips tweeted that Brown was saying that they were aiming for the Wigan game in 4 weeks time for him to be available at the same time. Then this article on the Echo website appeared

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/15822304.Blues_in_for_two_strikers_and_two_midfielders/

and near the end it include the line referring to Ron's meeting with Brown and co

"The meeting also focused on the level of injuries, including Rob Kiernan, which has had an impact on our anticipated success.

-
so I cheekily read into this - Brown telling Ron if it wasn't for Kiernan's bad knees we'd be running away with the title and Ron swallowing it.

I don't wish anyone injury or misfortune - however I wonder how much we knew about the state of his knees before we
signed him.

This sounds horrible:

http://www.fix-knee-pain.com/patellar-tendonitis-symptoms/

The first line - how true
Patellar tendonitis is a deceitful injury. It will trick you into letting it weaken your knees until you’ll eventually need months of rehab.

and another calling it jumpers knee

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/jumpers-knee

Hopefully he can regain full fitness and perform at the level he achieved a couple of years ago. However this injury is not one like an impact or a pull or tear, it builds gradually. It looks like we took a very big risk signing him - sorry I'm old and cynical!

Phil Brown made the decision to sign him despite warnings around injury issues and worries, a huge gamble and arrogant decision considering Kiernan is the biggest earner at the club

Kiernan is a decent player for this level but there is a reason Rangers wanted rid and no Championship clubs came in for him. Good player yes but at what price, I just fear that this squad is a complete mess with injury prone, old and poor players on big contracts financially and length wise.

I fear hard times are ahead for the club, maybe needs a clean sweep....enter Ron claiming poverty again, arguably it worked last time when we were relegated to the basement League.

Back