• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

Some interesting comments on the sheff utd forum. Like others have said on here, they are playing him out of position.

They watched him played for us so many times from I've heard so they will know what position and job he did for us. Perhaps they thought it would be better suited playing a more attacking role which is actually something I thought he could do really well for us. Perhaps he just can't do it as championship level.

Will be a real shame if it doesn't work out for him and no one can blame him for giving it a shot either. Hopefully with time he will improve plus from what I hear it's not always easy joining a new team in January especially going up a level where you have never played before.

Yes - it is easy (sometimes) to see why players perform at a level lower than they are capable of when you know them quite well. Surprising there are many on this site who will be dismissive of new signings because they have not done well in the previous 6 months ........... oh hang on - a different manager, a different team and a different role can transform a player! (And going down a league often helps!)

Lenny warmed the bench for the whole 90 mins away to Fulham last night.

Lenny has the athleticism and pace and power to play in the Premiership, however sadly the passing and technical ability of a League one player.

Played in the right position where his technical ability is not the most important aspect and he will make a very good championship midfielder. Play him in the wrong one, and he will be back with us in a season's time.

I think I may just message Chris Wilder and ask him to carry on as he is :smile:

^
This is spot on.

Does make you wonder which Lenny that Sheffield United actually think they've been watching in recent months!

Lenny can pick a pass though, we've seen it plenty of times. They're just not playing him right.

They are just not playing him . Went to Fulham on Tuesday and though Fulham were excellent Sheff Utd were woeful. It seemed, if ever there was a chance for him to come on, it was when they were 3 0 down. Lenny just kept running up and down the touchline looking somewhat crest fallen and they brought on Ricky Holmes and Ched Evans and looked even worse

This is what happens. Could have been club captain here on a 5 year deal but leaves and doesn't play.

Of course at his age and with wages on the table it was a risk worth taking.

It's a shame to see a player go to waste.

The winner from all of this is undoubtedly young drew who is shining and looks to be the next one off of the conveyer belt.

Bloody hell you lot. He's only been there two months!

Agreed, sometimes it takes time for players to bed in and get their chance to shine. His chance may not come this season but with a good Sheff Utd pre season under his belt I reckon he will be a regular come next season, if that doesn’t happen before hand.

Can't even get a start when there's nothing to play for! :thumbdown:

Wouldn't be surprised if he is loaned out next season.

Can't even get a start when there's nothing to play for! :thumbdown:

Wouldn't be surprised if he is loaned out next season.
Track record of ex Southend players going to there is not good .

Mrs Supernaut reckons she just saw Lenny running in Chalkwell Park. Make of that what you will...

Back