• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which do you dislike more?

• Brown

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • League 2

Votes: 56 82.4%

• Total voters
League two, no contest. It’s almost the forgotten league of England. It’s a poor standard of football, poor standard of away days, poor standard of players we’d be able to bring in. It’s vital we don’t drop down to that league again.

I actually enjoy watching League 2 football for a number of reasons, some of which of course also apply to League 1.

Opposition supporters are generally the real deal. People who could watch a nearby Premier League team but prefer to support their local club.

Opposition grounds are usually much more fun to visit and are often older grounds with character.

Generally no problem getting tickets.

We tend to win more often.

Provided that you are watching 2 relatively even teams then you generally get a good game.

We are more likely to win promotion or reach the play offs.

Ir’s important to remember that, since we were relegated in 1966, we have not spent more than 3 consecutive seasons in the third division and this season is shaping up to continue that record.

I hope we stay up mainly because of the financial problems that will come with relegation but either way I’ll be supporting today, tomorrow and next season.

Agree with most of the points except the one highlighted.

That may have been true for "old" league two, i.e. Division 4, but for the last 15 years or so L2 has been ATROCIOUS with the exception of a few good games.

Last season we were in there, almost every game was a carbon copy of the others, especially at home, the first goal is crucial and God help us if we didn't get it. It was DREADFUL to watch.

Now to be fair, this years football has been pretty dreadful but I think it's mainly down to the pitch, not the style. L1 is a much better league to watch.

Unlike others, I’ve never had a personal dislike of Brown. I’m sure he’s a great bloke to go for a beer with and wears his heart on his sleeve. But the league table doesn’t lie and the performances haven’t been good enough.

I think it’s time for a change, but that’s only down to my fear of another few seasons knocking about in League Two.

Financially League 2 would be a disaster if fossetts is given the go ahead .Also the standard of 2 is bl***y awful to watch and not easy to get out of

At least your honest but same as the others in your camp, its nothing anyone can't see a mile off anyway.

Its one thing not liking PB for all sorts of constructive football reasons, we all have our opinions. To the rest of us though, we know there has been a certain group who have had to stew in their own selfish anger for a number of seasons. Some of the nonsense in recent times says far more about certain posters as people.....Let alone fan

We are a club with £10m of debt to its name. Not helped over the years by Sainsbury's or a pathetic council.....A quick walk down our once proud High Street tells its own sad story of inept failure.

We have a crumbling stadium that barely makes any money even on match days, mounts up debts through out the summer whilst our rivals have wedding receptions etc in theirs.

We aren't in the market for anyone's best player even if they are non league, yet the same people continually cry 'why'. As for 'another season wasted' because we won't get promoted.....Not only did it nearly end us last time the same people would be first out the door when we would be the relegation struggling 'tin pot' Championship club mocked by all in that league.

In the meantime and before I have to watch in a two thirds empty, soulless out of town stadium over at Fossetts, I will enjoy the Old Lady that is RH and a few beers with some of the finest, honest and loyal people I haver ever had the privilege to meet.....They are known as Shrimpers and they have shown true honour following their team. In a town that has to many traitors walking around in their PL shirts I class shrimpers as special.

For what its worth I don't think PB will be hear next season but nor should anyone want to see the club fail to prove a spiteful point....So on that note its time some of you stopped behaving like whinging Gunners or Hammers and realised that just like life if the more you put in the more it gives you back

Im sorry but where you havent got a glass even worth holding Rigsby, is your rather worn desperate attempts to constantly categorise people and put them into narrow boxes of good or bad, Trying to sort people on here into these camps does you no justice and merely reduces the impact and value of what you have to say, especially if they dont happen to agree with your view of the world. You also like to spice it with your constant little barbs and insults. Unfortunately for you there are many rather wonderful colours of grey in between the black and white goodies and baddies world you like to portray on here

So you're asking if I hate Phil Brown or League 2? Easiest and most pointless poll in ages. I quite like Phil Brown, even if I disagree with some of the things he says or does. I hate the idea of going back down to league 2. I'd be shocked and disappointed if I found that any Southend supporters I knew hated the idea of Pb staying on more than relegation.

Back