Likes Likes:  56
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United vs Fleetwood Town

Phil trying to be clever...normally ends in defeat.
    Come on you blues
    not always good but never ever boring

Where's Yearwood?
    I stated on another thread that he'd put Kights in the centre. We are surely going to get overrun by their midfield.

desperate times require ..... Maybe it will work, Cmon you very experienced ones

Cox is going to be seriously isolated up front. Fortune would be better in that role with Cox just behind him.

Still a lot of people were saying go wing backs beforehand, so don’t get the moaning on here now.

I would have Fortune in for McGlashan, but other than that there aren’t too many other options.

Afternoon all, all ready for another Kursall like roller-coaster ride? I'm old enough to have ridden on the old wooden one

I was worried about today, but having seen the starting line up I’m now very worried

This formation will work well until Kights goes off injured after 30 minutes. ..

Doesn’t feel like this is going to be one for the purists but it looks to me like Brown is going back to basics, making us tough to beat then reliant on run of the green up front. Is the five across the back a reaction to losing Leonard’s defensive qualities in the middle and an effort to combat a Fleetwood team that plays on the break?

I prefer my teams to take the game to the opposition but given our run of form and the loss of Leonard, I. Can see the thought process here.

Good news.

Sammy the Shrimper is back!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Good news.

What position is he playing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Dady View Post
    What position is he playing?

LOL .. On the wing so far

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Good news.

still in the Cricketers!

I notice Fleetwood have gone 3 up front, they obviously see us as fodder, Jeez I hope we can prove them wrong, but a loss today doesn't bear worth thinking about.

The midfield looks paper thin and the defence looks like it is going to get stretched and I don't think we'll cope well.

We need gritty signings not cheap talk for the papers about who we are supposedly talking to. I for one am fed up to the back teeth with that. 100% behind the players wearing the shirts today, but I just do not see the quality in the side to provide the ammunition for Coxy to thrive. If he ends up dropping off and coming deep, that is going to make matters worse the Fleetwood defence may even be able to go 3 at the back and snuff us out in midfield completely.

Today is a huge defining game for the rest of the season and I am hoping for a high tempo committed display to keep then on their heels.

UTB
    LAST MINUTE! LAST MINUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Dady View Post

Congratulations Michael.

Well done Timms, you've been one of the best, I'm glad you are still here.

Hope you prove me wrong Southend and avoid another defeat... and well done to Timlin.