• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doesn’t feel like this is going to be one for the purists but it looks to me like Brown is going back to basics, making us tough to beat then reliant on run of the green up front. Is the five across the back a reaction to losing Leonard’s defensive qualities in the middle and an effort to combat a Fleetwood team that plays on the break?

I prefer my teams to take the game to the opposition but given our run of form and the loss of Leonard, I. Can see the thought process here.

I notice Fleetwood have gone 3 up front, they obviously see us as fodder, Jeez I hope we can prove them wrong, but a loss today doesn't bear worth thinking about.

The midfield looks paper thin and the defence looks like it is going to get stretched and I don't think we'll cope well.

We need gritty signings not cheap talk for the papers about who we are supposedly talking to. I for one am fed up to the back teeth with that. 100% behind the players wearing the shirts today, but I just do not see the quality in the side to provide the ammunition for Coxy to thrive. If he ends up dropping off and coming deep, that is going to make matters worse the Fleetwood defence may even be able to go 3 at the back and snuff us out in midfield completely.

Today is a huge defining game for the rest of the season and I am hoping for a high tempo committed display to keep then on their heels.

UTB

KGXCWf.jpg

Congratulations Michael.

Well done Timms, you've been one of the best, I'm glad you are still here.

Hope you prove me wrong Southend and avoid another defeat... and well done to Timlin.

Back