• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wrong team selection and poor tactics aside. Unco-ordinated, lack of effort, no ideas, no one busting a gut to deal with anything, etc, etc,etc Some just looked like they have given up. What's caused this ? something is clearly not right. What's going on FFS !!!

Wrong team selection and poor tactics aside. Unco-ordinated, lack of effort, no ideas, no one busting a gut to deal with anything, etc, etc,etc Some just looked like they have given up. What's caused this ? something is clearly not right. What's going on FFS !!!

Whats Going On ?

A Marvin Gaye classic -

there is a bad vibe around the place - deffo

Poorly as we played I didn't think there was any lack of effort until Ferdinand gifted them the first goal. At that point the heads dropped and we fell apart. That has been the story all season - once we concede none of the players think that they can recover the situation. There is a total lack of belief and character in the team and that lack of motivation has to be down to Brown.

Looking at the Fortune chance again, he immediately looks down at the pitch, and you can see a divot come up on his standing foot.

Indeed Kightly and Timlin ball watching and slow for the first goal. If Turner had still been on the pitch for the second goal, he would have attacked the looping header from Bolger. Still great 'assist' from their lad with one touch and Madden showed us what you get if have the money....Alive, moving and the instinct to score.

Alive, moving and the instinct to score - I thought Norman Wabo showed all of those attributes when he came on. Pity the highlights don't show his efforts.

Saw a lot of good things about Wabo. The main one being his confidence around the penalty area.

Really think playing him and Coxy together with Dru in a more advanced role and driving forward like he does, could really open up sides.

Saw a lot of good things about Wabo. The main one being his confidence around the penalty area.
Really think playing him and Coxy together with Dru in a more advanced role and driving forward like he does, could really open up sides.
Don’t worry that’ll soon be knocked out of him, we can’t have strikers trying to score on the pitch can we, they have to learn to defend!

Have a look at Fortune and Kightly .

Standing still as usual they don't have a strikers instinct - Paul Clark's biggest criticism of our attackers, Anton's dodgy pass has been edited out and they didn't show Wabo's attempt after we had scored.

There was a moment in the first half where Anton had to force a player out wide and then for a minute or two afterwards he was bent over gasping for breath. I don't think he's deliberately playing badly, he's just out of shape and shouldn't be on the pitch unless he can sort it out.

genuine question - do you mean the bit of play where he got a big round of applause from the crowd? I had actually forgotten that but your post reminded me of it. That moment showed the value of his experience, but sadly those moments are few and far between this season.

genuine question - do you mean the bit of play where he got a big round of applause from the crowd? I had actually forgotten that but your post reminded me of it. That moment showed the value of his experience, but sadly those moments are few and far between this season.

He honestly did ok in the first half, but a moments lapse of concentration early in the 2nd wiped out all memory people had of that. I really feel genuinely sorry for him.

He honestly did ok in the first half, but a moments lapse of concentration early in the 2nd wiped out all memory people had of that. I really feel genuinely sorry for him.

I actually agree - it must be painful for him that his body won't do what his brain wants it to do.

I have heard however that he doesn't help himself much in training though and that was a criticism that I heard from within the club.

I honestly think that it is time for him to retire - even though it's mid season.

Yeah that's the one, he got a round of applause from me as well for that but he was visibly exhausted afterwards, he looked like he'd just finished a marathon.

It looked to me like he was in discomfort more than being exhausted as such. When was the last time anyone saw him open his legs up like that?

It looked to me like he was in discomfort more than being exhausted as such. When was the last time anyone saw him open his legs up like that?

Totally agree Eddie, donot think its fitness problem, but an injury, which begs the question is he playing through he pain barrier, which is not helping the problem ,on the other hand if he's out for 6 week to recover, the ever growing vultures on this site who I guess when he signed was writing " Great signing for the club, ooh I'll stick a tenner on promotion at 12/1), will be out in force saying "Waste of money, injury prone,like Kightly, Brown out, lets have another poll "
Im sure if we were top half, then he would take a rest, but I believe we need players of his experience in the team, which is now a relegation fight for next few weeks
Cannot believe the drivel does he want Brown sacked, maybe the confidence is low, but I believe the experience of the squad will pull through, in the minority I know

UTS

Last edited:
Maybe it's less a case of helping the problem and more a case of managing the injury. This isn't an injury so much as a condition now. If it was something that would mend with the right treatment or given long enough I think that would have happened by now.

Agreed on the injury front with Anton. It could be that it's something that he has had for ages and just manages himself through it.

One thing has surprised me is not once, but twice, he has started Check-A-Trade matches. The last of which was 3 days before that debacle at Bristol Rovers.

Back