• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought the pitch was still quite bad in the second half when we were attacking the South Stand...the ball kept bobbling up. First half attacking the North Stand it seemed ok.

I see the club are still planing on hiring out the pitch come the end of the season. I suspect by then that it will have been the best the pitch Roots Hall will have had all season. Escpecially as against Gillingham the pitch didn't cut up as much as previous games.

It'll be taken up and relaid in the summer.

Well, the pitch is for hire up until 16 May (free dates) maybe even 19th and the new season starts on 5th August. Throw in a pre-season friendly or two say from 24 July that leaves about 9 weeks to get the pitch up to scratch. I'd be surprised if we are re-turfing - more likely reseeding again. Only in football could they be selling next seasons tickets before anyone knows what product will be available - a nice official announcement wouldn't go amiss.

The fixture Gods have smiled on us this weekend, if we had been playing (Oxford) at home then the game might have been in doubt; the pitches over Priory Park are marsh whereas least week they were very good.

Well, the pitch is for hire up until 16 May (free dates) maybe even 19th and the new season starts on 5th August. Throw in a pre-season friendly or two say from 24 July that leaves about 9 weeks to get the pitch up to scratch. I'd be surprised if we are re-turfing - more likely reseeding again. Only in football could they be selling next seasons tickets before anyone knows what product will be available - a nice official announcement wouldn't go amiss.

There is also the Southend Junior League cup finals to be held at Roots Hall on 20th May as well. Will be interesting to see the kids faces when they are met with a playing surface worse than they have been playing on over local parks during the season :hilarious:

We need to make sure our pitch is just a **** next season, given our home form!!

It wasn't cutting up at all today, and not watered either.
With a summer of care it ought to be good for next season.

I thought Lord Football's supporters meeting notes said that the pitch will be relaid this summer. I agree with you though, it played very well today.

Yes, the pitch finally started to come right towards the end of the season.

Does anyone know if the club are going to replace the whole pitch this summer or just work on the poorer areas?

Back