• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With all the delays getting the project started, probably 10 foot high!

It's not that high just yet, but it's looking a bit dry.

pitch2.jpg

Was it my imagination, or was the pitch less awful on Saturday?

It was a lot better than I expected. I've only seen two home games previously this season - on the first day and then about seven weeks later - and it cut up badly then.

Thought it was still awful.

Sacking the groundsman for that one called off game really worked out well.

I certainly felt like the old guy in the pub on Saturday night when younger Shrimpers were telling me it was the worst they'd ever seen and so I then tried to describe the Baseball Ground to them.
"You try telling the kids of today that - they won't believe you!" :smile:

The pitch will not improve its nly going to get worse .The only way its going to be rectified is at the final whistle at the end of the season .They need to rip it up straight away Rather than let countless teams use it for no good reason .Then totally relay the surface from scratch .Hopefully bring in someone who knows a thing or two about a good playing surface .

The pitch will not improve its nly going to get worse .The only way its going to be rectified is at the final whistle at the end of the season .They need to rip it up straight away Rather than let countless teams use it for no good reason .Then totally relay the surface from scratch .Hopefully bring in someone who knows a thing or two about a good playing surface .

I wonder if Bill Pitchfork, erstwhile groundsman at Notts County, is still available?

I certainly felt like the old guy in the pub on Saturday night when younger Shrimpers were telling me it was the worst they'd ever seen and so I then tried to describe the Baseball Ground to them.
I noticed a few younger Shrimpers finding it hard to see the musical talents of "two in a room":smile:

Thought it was still awful.

Sacking the groundsman for that one called off game really worked out well.

Was that the actual reason? It makes a nice story for the papers but if he was legitimately fired for failing to get the pitch unfrozen then surely he easily would have won a wrongful dismissal case. In any case based on what OBL has said on here before the issues aren't the fault of the new groundsman, it's the company that provides us with the pitch messing us around so it got laid far too late for it to bed in.

Was that the actual reason? It makes a nice story for the papers but if he was legitimately fired for failing to get the pitch unfrozen then surely he easily would have won a wrongful dismissal case. In any case based on what OBL has said on here before the issues aren't the fault of the new groundsman, it's the company that provides us with the pitch messing us around so it got laid far too late for it to bed in.

Story of my life, being 29 it is a hard cross to bear...

Brian Clough once likened it to playing on a lump of sxxt!

Letting large numbers of schoolboys and grassroots footballers enjoy their end of season finals at a proper football stadium is NOT "no good reason". However it may not be possible this year !

Was it my imagination, or was the pitch less awful on Saturday?
I thought it looked awful and cut up really badly BUT i did see fewer instances of players picking up large sections of turf and stamping them back into the ground . So better from that respect

Back