• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am pleased that Chris Phillips has had a good response to his accurate summing up of the current situation. On another note regarding the Echo, Simon Cox wrote a regular article in the paper every Friday, that stopped a few weeks ago. Another example of the obvious apathy amongst some members of the playing staff.

Who says Cox decided or wanted to stop writing it? :winking:

Really ? do you think so ?

Or maybe "Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Good quote, that. :thumbsup:

I thought I'd give CP a bit of credit, but it could be that he didn't know it was Einstein. Only he will know, I guess.

I read that there was some doubt it was Einstein, anyway.

I am pleased that Chris Phillips has had a good response to his accurate summing up of the current situation. On another note regarding the Echo, Simon Cox wrote a regular article in the paper every Friday, that stopped a few weeks ago. Another example of the obvious apathy amongst some members of the playing staff.

Be interesting to read his last couple of articles. I wonder if he put his foot in it somewhere and the club told him to stop?

'No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it'. Another Einstein quote that seems relevant to the Brown problem.

Good quote, that. :thumbsup:

I thought I'd give CP a bit of credit, but it could be that he didn't know it was Einstein. Only he will know, I guess.

I read that there was some doubt it was Einstein, anyway.

That would be in post #2 of this thread you read that ?

Yep, that'll be it. MO, Mick. :thumbsup:

Obviously CP got the quote wrong, as you say.

Be interesting to read his last couple of articles. I wonder if he put his foot in it somewhere and the club told him to stop?

I can't confirm or deny that it was the following column:

Before I start this week's column I'd like to apologise to all the fans who attended last week.
Recent form is nowhere near good enough.
Of our last 12 matches, we've picked up just 8 points .
We all know that's not nearly enough.
Nine games, eight defeats is horrific.

Our job isn't to pick the team but to play to the best of our ability.
Under 1 point a game since we were knocked out of the FA Cup by a team bottom of the division below us is just not good enough.
That's relegation form.

Back