• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Thompson and Barry Fry both proved that its possible to completely change things, even when it seems hopeless. I just don’t see Ron doing it as he’s boxed himself in financially where Phil’s concerned.

Steve Thompson and Barry Fry both proved that its possible to completely change things, even when it seems hopeless. I just don’t see Ron doing it as he’s boxed himself in financially where Phil’s concerned.

And there in lies the answer to all.

Oh Plus, when RM looks in the mirror each morning he sees Phil Brown and visa versa.

And there in lies the answer to all.

Oh Plus, when RM looks in the mirror each morning he sees Phil Brown and visa versa.

Please Cricko dont mention the mirrors, it conjures up pictures of Dorian Gray, and Ron standing in front Saying with Phil in the background " Some things are more precious because they dont last long" or " the basis of optimism is sheer terror " ( Oscar Wilde )

It's an interesting point actually.

Are we saying the players are good enough but aren't playing for Brown?

If so, the fact that they are a "Brown side" but then won't be if he gets the push at the end of the window shouldn't matter. If they are good enough, they should then play for the new guy.

If we are saying that the players AREN'T good enough whoever is in charge, then it's the players that need changing; not Brown.

Combination of both, Brown has had his time and the team now is not good enough, both new players and a new manager required, but not players obtained by Brown.

For me, considering we have been relegated before with 54 points (sadly an EFL record shared by just us & Peterborough)

In which case, I would say 55 points should make us safe.

So..24 points is needed from the remaining 18 games.

Given that we have only got 31 points from 28 matches so far this season, I don't fancy our chances to much. :sad:

However, we all live in hope, and I predict we will avoid the drop and finish the season in 14th place, on points but with one of the worst goal differences in the league (that didn't get relegated).

You heard it here first.

I don't think so, because we don't even have fight to compensate for our absolute and utter disorganisation each and every week.
Once we lose to Rochdale, we'll almost certainly be one of those four teams.

How have we got to this point?. Before the season began, i was hopeful of a promotion push, then the game against Blackburn convinced me more, apart from Ryan Leonard its the same team (and even with RL we aint done so good the last 2 months,not his fault by the way). Motivation and confidence is the key, generally supplied by the manager and backroom staff, what is the answer?, if it aint broke, dont fix it, if it is broke then fix it, RM's role in all this, IMO is to provide the means to achieve the desired result. Many on here say change the manager, that could work, but probably hasnt for as many clubs as it has helped. Maybe the existing team need some extra help in the way of a Mr Mtivator to istill confidence in their own abilities, which i for 1 think many of the current squad cannot seem to locate, and neither can the management team, so help them find it.

How have we got to this point?. Before the season began, i was hopeful of a promotion push, then the game against Blackburn convinced me more, apart from Ryan Leonard its the same team (and even with RL we aint done so good the last 2 months,not his fault by the way). Motivation and confidence is the key, generally supplied by the manager and backroom staff, what is the answer?, if it aint broke, dont fix it, if it is broke then fix it, RM's role in all this, IMO is to provide the means to achieve the desired result. Many on here say change the manager, that could work, but probably hasnt for as many clubs as it has helped. Maybe the existing team need some extra help in the way of a Mr Mtivator to istill confidence in their own abilities, which i for 1 think many of the current squad cannot seem to locate, and neither can the management team, so help them find it.

Perhaps Phil should bring in his mate Jezza Kyle to have a bit of a heart to heart with the lads?....Perhaps they have got some things they need to get off their chests...

Absolutely ridiculous post! We are much better then the teams that you have mentioned and i have no doubt whatsoever that we are better then most teams in this division on our day!! With brown or not i can see a mid table finish.New signings will be brought in and the team will start to climb the table!! Get behind the team and stop worrying if there are 4 worst teams then us! Get behind the team and stop the negativity.

Absolutely ridiculous post! We are much better then the teams that you have mentioned and i have no doubt whatsoever that we are better then most teams in this division on our day!! With brown or not i can see a mid table finish.New signings will be brought in and the team will start to climb the table!! Get behind the team and stop worrying if there are 4 worst teams then us! Get behind the team* and stop the negativity.

*Bury your head in the sand

Absolutely ridiculous post! We are much better then the teams that you have mentioned and i have no doubt whatsoever that we are better then most teams in this division on our day!! With brown or not i can see a mid table finish.New signings will be brought in and the team will start to climb the table!! Get behind the team and stop worrying if there are 4 worst teams then us! Get behind the team and stop the negativity.

Half way through the transfer window and no new signings. Even the talk of it has been very limited, the only solid story we really had was Tony Craig and thank Christ things went quiet on that one. All these irons in the fire last week and now what? Absolutely nothing

We are in absolute free fall and are showing no signs of improvement. Brown has completely lost it and needs to go. We don't even necessarily need new faces, theres more in this squad with the correct coaching and tactical approach

We honestly have one of the best strikers in the league in Simon Cox but he's too good for the manager to know what to do with him

Take 60 seconds of your life to watch this and tell me you don't see similarities? Looks like Ron will also leave it too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lte1R2NAIlg

Thank you for warning us about your post with the introductory caveat.

Back