• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please could we have a large button on every page which immediately switches to an excel spreadsheet .
Very useful for those who read SZ at work.....

:smile:

SkyBet used to have that. Of course, I can always claim 'competitor research' when I'm spending time on there...

Yep, there is that! .. Mind you, I doubt things have improved since 2014.

you can try discourse here
https://www.discourse.org/

one other really cool thing is that you can just drag an image from the web into your post and it'll automatically add it. likewise, if you're on your phone and have a pic on your phone you can just uploaded it automatically and it'll post it.

A message to me from a Guy and website builder who is neutral to all sites..

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Discourse would make you cry and run for your bed hahah It is so different it is not even funny. Personally I hate it and stopped going to forums that changed to it. Also the development team for it [discourse] absolutely suck.[/FONT]

Only thing I would say in terms of current improvements is, with the drop down list of other "fans forums" on the main page, when clicking on it, would it be possible to have it pop up in another a window as a pose to re-directing it away from the Shrimperzone.

Also access to the "Shop" button along the top bar (I don't have permission) I don't know if this is just me or for most other users?. It could well be a another option of raising revenue for the Zone. I would be happy to buy some tacky crap from there from time to time. :smile:

I'm not computer minded at all, so don't know if it takes up space on the servers etc... but the "Blog button" seems pointless, as there has only been one single post since August 2013... Perhaps, some other zoners can come up with a different idea instead. I was tempted to add the "Chat" Button into that as well, it never gets used, a part from a brief period a while ago, rallied by AndyT i think, but sadly it soon died off again after about 2 games.

Other than that, i'm more than happy with the current set up.

1. I will look into the drop down list for other forums.

2. I closed the shop down on here a year or so back as we need to update it and we had little interest in people wanting our merchandise at the time...Quite happy to sort that out if there is interest in us bringing in back?

3. The blogs are there as it goes to the "Front Page", it is up to members of the site to make use of it if they wish, as is about 100 other things available to all on here.

4. The chat room was added by request of our members some years back...It used to be a few would go in there on match days if they could not go to the game or live overseas. I will leave that as it is, it is up to you lot if you wish to use it.

Back