• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone pick up a ticket today from the club shop? if so, any idea how many were sold? I would be interested to know if there was a pick up in away support since all of the revelations of the week, or perhaps most fans are still sitting on the fence or still staying away until it pans out.

Don't think it would have made much difference on the away support even if we had a new manager. Maybe a couple of new players might have tempted a few more to go.
Think we will take about 250 up there.

I would agree. However, Yearwood would give more flare than Timlin who provides nothing other than a bit of intimidation. I hope McGlashan comes on as he provides a lot of pace later on in a game. The left side of defence is a big worry. Coker has been responsible for a number of goals by being out of position and Kyprianou is weak.

If fit:

Oxley

Demetriou White Turner Coker

Kightly Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin

Cox and Fortune

That said I'd love to see Wabo get a start but away from home in a 6 pointer, it would be a tough game

If fit:

Oxley

Demetriou White Turner Coker

Cox and Fortune

That said I'd love to see Wabo get a start but away from home in a 6 pointer, it would be a tough game

I think you have it spot on there Tommy.

A strong start with intent.

Think Wabo will get a run in on 65- 75 minutes.

Who's on your bench though?.. a risk or play it safe with the usual?

I think you have it spot on there Tommy.

A strong start with intent.

Think Wabo will get a run in on 65- 75 minutes.

Who's on your bench though?.. a risk or play it safe with the usual?

I agree with you both if Turner is fit but not sure that will be the case

Interesting pre-match interview with Ricky and Kev...
https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...evin-maher-preview-the-game-against-rochdale/

"It won't be a carbon copy..." - well there is a god after all!! I hope that this means a lot more positivity, more attacking focus and a much more free reign for the team to just get out there and do their stuff. Let's see, a bounce would be good!

i suspect a nice simple 442, with the reins off. I wouldn't be too worried about a clean sheet - just scoring more than them. What could possibly go wrong...?

Oxley
Demitriou White Ferdinand Coker
mcGlashan Kightly Timlin McLaughlin
fortune cox

Interesting pre-match interview with Ricky and Kev...
https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...evin-maher-preview-the-game-against-rochdale/

"It won't be a carbon copy..." - well there is a god after all!! I hope that this means a lot more positivity, more attacking focus and a much more free reign for the team to just get out there and do their stuff. Let's see, a bounce would be good!

i suspect a nice simple 442, with the reins off. I wouldn't be too worried about a clean sheet - just scoring more than them. What could possibly go wrong...?

Oxley
Demitriou White Ferdinand Coker
mcGlashan Kightly Timlin McLaughlin
fortune cox

I like to see Demetriou playing a right or central midfield role at Rochdale.

My pref would normally be 442 but our center mid will get over run with the options we have so I'd go 532 with wing backs and 3 players in the middle in midfield. Cox n Fortune upfront.

I see they have had the covers on up at Rochdale over night, just seen the clip of volunteers getting all the water off the covers to get the match on:thumbsup:

Oxley
Demitrou White Kyprianou Coker
Cox Wabo

Can we at least attempt to get 11 players in their actual positions please?

Exactly this. Now that Brown has gone can we play the best left back at left back, the best right back at right back, a left winger on the left, and a right winger on the right, two defensive central midfielders and a couple of forwards up front who might actually get some service and start to score.

A lot of games have been postponed. Rochdale must be fully aware of the weather forecast you would hope! If the game is in doubt I would hope that it would of been called of at the earliest opportunity to stop fans travelling....

Not funny for travelling fans, but a postponement wouldn't be so bad at the moment. More time to get the new man in, etc

A lot of games have been postponed. Rochdale must be fully aware of the weather forecast you would hope! If the game is in doubt I would hope that it would of been called of at the earliest opportunity to stop fans travelling....

Just looking at the fixtures, I can't see any games postponed, except Guiseley and Bradford Park Avenue 'rob'?

I am about 2 hours away from the ground at the moment - but still on the east side of the Pennines - and things look okay. :thumbsup: Having a cup of Yorkshire tea as well. :smile:

Think I'll stay here for a while - so any updates on here would be appreciated so that I can turn back home sooner rather than later.

Back