• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you think if they do so well that Maher and Duncan will be permanent? or would Ron rather see them still as under 23s and academy head?

Good question.

My gut feeling is that Ron would want to keep Kev and Ricky with the youngsters, as there is a settled structure there and the results are really impressive.

Anybody know the state of the walking wounded. Can we expect any players back for Saturday

Anybody know the state of the walking wounded. Can we expect any players back for Saturday

I don’t think anyone that was out last week is fit for this week. It’s why we desperately needed some transfer activity

They seem keen to play us! :smile:

Wouldn't you be --- we must be at our weakest for ten years - no manager- no centre backs - no centre midfield -no strikers -no Lenny -no spine.

We'll pack the team with full backs and wingers again and win 2-1! Out of adversity......

My team would be:

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Kyprianou, Coker
Kightly, Yearwood, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox, Wabo

If Kyp got dropped for his performance at Northampton then Ferdinand should get dropped for his performance against Fleetwood. Would also include Dru as we need to play 4-4-2 and I just don’t like Kightly in the middle. Wabo has to start for me too, he’s had a couple of cameos and taken his opportunity so hoping Ricky will give him his first proper chance seeing as he’ll know exactly what he’s capable of.

My team would be:

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Kyprianou, Coker
Kightly, Yearwood, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox, Wabo

Too open in midfield, the ball wouldn't stick up front and it would get destroyed in the air at set pieces.

I'm looking forward to this match. It may well be Ricky and Kevin's only chance to lead the first team into action. I hope they focus on getting three points rather than settling for a draw.

Too open in midfield, the ball wouldn't stick up front and it would get destroyed in the air at set pieces.

I'm not sure we would necessarily need the ball to stick up front. We needed someone for hold up play under Brown, as his style of football was a mixture of long ball/patient build up. We never tried to thread any through balls for strikers to run on to as we didn't have the personnel to play that style.

With Wabo, he's probably the only striker we have at the moment (apart from Robinson but he's gash), who can actually play off the defender's shoulder and use his pace to get in behind. If as someone else suggested, we played a diamond with Timlin at the bottom and Dru at the top, we could hopefully get the best out of Wabo.

I think that might have been me 'amsemp'.

Having Dru behind Wabo and Cox, with Kites and Macca wider and behind would allow us to try to play one-twos and get behind them. The key is that Dru, Macca and Kites get beyond the front two if needs be. Coxy is good at dropping back and moving the play around. The only risk is that it might expose us without Lenny's clean-up operation available. This is where Tims is absolutely crucial and needs to really step-up.

I guess, in the end, it's how adventurous we want to set-up.

I hope the player's are more focused on the massively vital game. Than some of our fan's who seem more interested in who will be manager and getting player's in than 3 points up for grab in less than 24 hours. if we win what a difference if we lose oh no. With our very depleted side and temporary managers the season (match) really is up for grabs.
We are not great at moment but neither are Rochdale so put aside everything else till after 5p.m. Saturday.
I say again I don't like it but in our position we have to play hoof ball up to Fortune (who pretty sure wont score) but really its our only option. You need someone to hold the ball in this position. So Wabo can wait the same as Jermaine as a impact sub. To me the biggest question Kyp or Ferdinand who was well we all know last Saturday. Just side with Kyp.

My team besides there despite a Marquee signing.
Oxley
Demetriou White Kyp Coker
Kightly Timlin Yearwood Mc Laughlin
Fortune Cox

Impact Subs Wabo and Jearmaine. Plus Ferdinand. Keeper. Robinson and who ever else is fit

Did anyone pick up a ticket today from the club shop? if so, any idea how many were sold? I would be interested to know if there was a pick up in away support since all of the revelations of the week, or perhaps most fans are still sitting on the fence or still staying away until it pans out.

My guess would be

Oxley
White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Kightly, Timlin, McLaughlin
Fortune, Cox

Bishop, Elvis, Yearwood, Robinson, McGlashan, Hendrie, Wabo

Back