• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I don't know if this has been posted before but I went past Roots Hall today and the derelict shops at the bottom of Victoria Avenue and the corner of Fairfax Drive and they were all being painted bright blue with "Southend United new ground" slogans painted on each. The only exception was the Red Pizza shop which was Blue to the left, Blue to the right and the flat above was also being painted blue.

Last edited:
Yes, it was done a few weeks back to coincide with the flags they gave out saying, 'Our Time Is Now'... 'Support blues new stadium application.' And then online here on the 27th December.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...y-through-video-of-fossetts-farm-development/

Large

It came as quite a shock when I went to buy a second hand washing machine, some trophies and a majorette baton.

Last edited:
Whilst the council dither someone has decided to rent the flat to a mother with 6 kids and a few problems, from one of the London boroughs. At £2,000 per month, who would turn that down.

I reckon you will get a minimum of 2 years, if goes to 4 years that would be a cool £100,000 in rent for one of those flats....Nice work if you can get it.

I don't see how that works. RM has not submitted any new plans for FF at this point...so hardly the councils problem.

Because the plans have to be changed to suit all the councils needs before you submit them otherwise the scheme will be refused. They look at them and decide change this change that and then the process repeats itself.

For example did anyone not know 15 years ago that the roads and infrastructure would have to be altered. Southend have been arguing with Rochford for over 20 years about a relief road from Fossetts to Tescos with an upgrade on Warners bridge. This should have all been sorted before the Airport was up and running.

Back