• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues' transfer search continues after missing out on two targets

Usual transfer shambles. I take it, as we allegedly tabled a money offer, our first choice has gone and now, again, we are scrabbling about to get whatever we can. Oh and for those that argue transfer kitty and budget are separate and we are so poor, it appears you are wrong. PB has had and seemingly gets good backing. Now it's time the club got a return on its faith and investment. I am not holding my breath.

It’s the same every window we have a list of players and every time it’s the same result they just don’t want to be here
We always end up players nobody wants

Should be alright. I'm pretty sure Browns last interview said he was chasing 4/5 targets. So we still have at least 50% left to slip through our fingers

As has been said before, if you had one or two alternative options, would you choose the Club with a basket-case of a manager who are seemingly on an irreversible slide into League Two? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

Do we need to look at it more geographically when bidding for players? Seems like a lot of players reject us as they want to stay up north. I know I'd have to have a considerable pay rise to up sticks and move to Sheffield for work.

Why on earth are we looking at signing players from 200-odd miles away? its always been the case in the past so many of them wont make the move South. Surely Brown and his 'extensive scouting network' can find players within/close to the M25?

To earn a grand or two a week?

Unless we're going after semi-pros working in McDonalds our targets are probably already earning a grand or two a week, they'll need more incentive than that, especially for Northern targets who will probably have to move house should they sign for us.

So to summarize - players won't sign because the manager might be sacked and players won't sign because the manager is staying but we'll get relegated. So anyone who does sign will look like most of what we have signed in the recent past. Only hope is to sack the manager while the transfer window is still open. Clock is ticking.

So has the search stopped now until we get a new manager in? - we're running out of time.........

We have done it !! Officially the last club to sign anyone. We keep hold of our trophy wooden spoon once again. With Gillingham signing Calum Reilly ( midfielder ) on loan from Bury, all the other 23 have got in there. I see Reilly is coming here from the FROZEN north. to GIllingham, Gillingham !! , Is Gillingham more attractive than Southend Geographically I dont think so. ? I get the costs are higher in the South but dont see it as a major impediment, just take a look at the list of those who have made the move, perhaps they like the weather? Last year Gillingham got another player on a freebIe from the North. He said it was because the club was the FIRST to come in for him and he appreciated it, No Geography, no agent !!
54 signed up already , two more loanees from the Premiership to our opponents and bloomin Peterborough have of course just bought yet another one from league 2 ., aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh

Don't forget there is enough quality in the current squad to push for the automatics.

Funny enough I do think there is enough quality in our squad, but perhaps due to injuries, we do require some fresh blood.
A couple of good signings could really turn our season round, particularly a target man type striker.

I’d be well happy for Bolger to come back, I recon Ron saw him play Saturday and thought.... why did I listen to orange, your fired (not really, but maybe) I’m sure the centre backs we have are on a lot more money too..

We are always slow, but it’s been hard as maybe Ron should have pulled the trigger a few weeks back, he obviously did not want PB spending the budget, so now Ricky and the boys are on the case, onwards and upwards, we need a spark, this might be it.

Back