• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not too surprised that Ron and the Board have decided enough is enough. Phil Brown's gamble to sign experienced players with decent previous form has unfortunately backfired ... big time.

But a word of caution to those fans jumping up and down with delight. When we signed these players most people on this Board were excited about the prospect of promotion. Now sadly, we are in a relegation fight and it doesn't matter who comes in to manage, or what new players we sign ... there are tough times ahead for the Blues.

True...we just need 4 teams worse than us this season...and then we will all start again.

Some never liked him from day one, but I always found him personable and approachable with anything we did with the JBs at the club, and the Q&A sessions he did for the Trust. Always said hello to us and usually came and said hello to any JBs we'd have pitchside when he could.

He made the club a lot more professional in many ways and made massive improvements at the training ground, he gave us Wembley success for the 1st time in our history and I'll always be grateful for that, however, there's no doubt the time was right for him to go now and I'd suggest that Ron has simply been weighing up the finances before deciding when best to "do the deed". Feel sorry for Cocko who has been nothing but loyal through player, coaching and assistant managerial roles, the other two, well, they hardly come with any ringing endorsements so I doubt they will be much missed.

Wish Ricky and Kev the very best of luck in the short term, UTB.

Yep, I want to echo the positive thoughts on PB.

He made mistakes and towards the end, he'd lost heart with it all, but in his time here, he has overseen a promotion and stability and development amongst the youth set-up, as well.

There can't be many clubs who can boast that their last 3 managers spanned 15 years and all left the club in as good as, if not a better shape than when they took over.

Finally, thought it would never happen.

All he best to Phil, generally positive but the time was right to move on....don't really fancy Chrissy Powell to be honest, would prefer AB....but lets wait and see.....

Brilliant of Ron to ecognois ethe old strategy was up the shoot

It may take a little while but in reversing things will we
1. See loaneees in a more positive light...2. Completely revamp and modernise our recruitment structure and staffing
3. Not be the last next time ( summer ) to recruit anyone? forward planning etc 4. Not sign up a lot of older players from the Premiership whilst having a small squad, that becomes totally at risk through injuries
5. Dare I say use a little more imagination in where we recruit i.e. from lower leagues, Uk , abroad if needs be and with a younger profile?
6. More regularly loan out our own youngsters for development ?
7. Strongly review the structure and the type of posts and roles necessary , do we need another Horton type role or something a little different?
8. Up the training and physical side a bit and bring in a part time forwards coach , insist on more time spent on this aspect or players who are prepared to practice more and work at it personality wise
Makes a better /Business plan Strategy wise for the future Ron? now you have cleared the decks?

All he best to Phil, generally positive but the time was right to move on....don't really fancy Chrissy Powell to be honest, would prefer AB....but lets wait and see.....

My thoughts as well. However, Brown has gone so that’s the most important thing done

AB is a legend but has no managerial experience . If be happy with Chrissy powell and AB as assistant. Let Barret get a feel for management first.

I backed him from the start, I felt he was an upgrade on Sturrock and I still feel that this is true. But like Sturrock, who prevented us from oblivion and then couldn't take us further; PB took us out of that dreadful mire that is League Two and the rot began to set in from the moment the final whistle blew at Blackburn - that game should have heralded a real positive start to the season and got us well up for it, but it didn't. It was like the players, one by one, stopped playing for the shirt.... The warning signs for me started with the 5-0 defeat at Rotherham, but I kept the faith. I think I finally joined the Brown Out brigade at the turn of the year.

We are in deep do do, unless RM can magic up a managerial wizard, rather than a fan's favorite we are doomed I fear to the lower reaches

On a serious note would also like to thank PB. We are in a better position than when he too over as Manager. His achievements put him in the top 5 Managers we have had! Surprised he has gone thought the club would let his contract run down. Wish PB, Coughlan and Horton the best for the future. Would like to see Cowley appointed but can’t see him leaving Lincoln!

Back