• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a thought if it is Chris Powell, who I do consider to be a mate.
He's a very personable bloke and when I spoke to him about the job way back; he laughed it off although reckoned he always has the club's interests at heart.
He is one of football's 'nice' guys, and I for one endorse this rather than say the taciturn, dour Paul Lambert, who originally got a few votes on here.
But after reading Ron's statement, it's clear the next man has to wield a big stick to some extent. That's not entirely the Chris Powell I know.

Theres plenty of ways of applying discipline without being that "type". Brown we are led to believe was a monster to players, yet we are meant to have had a discipline problem.

First step is to not sign players like Ranger...

I doubt it for a number of reasons. Not least because they haven't announced a new manager and have put RD and KM in charge for the time being. If they had someone lined up they would have announced it as quickly as they did when PB took over from PS.

Personally I think it's just a coincidence.

Possibly, yes, but it was noticeable since the turn of the year that RM has :-

a) Been looking at alternatives
b) Making decisions about normally managerial things, or things that at least a manager would have a say so in

just on that specific point about Chris Powell - the impression I get (from very far away) is that he's a nice guy but no mug. He wouldn't have got as far in football as he has by being a mug. I think we probably need to sort the atmosphere out and some some structure as well as discipline. We have been playing a long way below ourselves and there are probably many ways to try to remedy that

Well said that man!!! This is the last place we need “keyboard warriors” slinging out any abusive stuff. We can all voice whatever opinions we like, no matter how extreme or bizarre, but hopefully while maintaining a basic level of courtesy. From what I can gather, this is regarded as one of the better fan forums......let’s keep it like that?

I'm surprised that all the "fitness staff" have kept their jobs -one thing we haven't been this year is fit. The one who does deserve a medal though is Ben Clarkson who has had the unenviable job of trying to get them repaired and out for action again.

I'm surprised that all the "fitness staff" have kept their jobs -one thing we haven't been this year is fit. The one who does deserve a medal though is Ben Clarkson who has had the unenviable job of trying to get them repaired and out for action again.

Just to let you know they don't break anyone's leg, pull a players hamstring or cause any previous and long term conditions. Their job is to repair the likes of Coker, Turner's and Kightly after their injuries.

Anyone who has ever played football at any level will tell you even once your playing it takes time to get match fit. Players like Lenny, Demy and Wright have all looked fit because they had been regulars.

We have several older players with pre-existing injuries/conditions. Whilst they have undoubted quality and experience, their fitness levels are poor. Nothing any "fitness staff" can do. The likes of Ben Coker who sustained an injury whilst playing, have been treated well and recovered in very good time.

We have several older players with pre-existing injuries/conditions. Whilst they have undoubted quality and experience, their fitness levels are poor. Nothing any "fitness staff" can do. The likes of Ben Coker who sustained an injury whilst playing, have been treated well and recovered in very good time.

Fitness , as in physical ability to play, is different to the Fitness the team are there for. That "Fitness" is all about stamina, speed conditioning , body fat etc and totally unrelated to injuries etc , unless the injury is an over use injury , which I would hold the training regime accountable for.

Of course the manager hurry a player back from selection out of desperation , who may then break down in a match because he is "fully fit" .

Back