• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Brown, for your next job, Follow the way that D Cowley conducted himself about being linked with another club. Showed how you answer that sort of link to another club question whilst showing loyalty to his present employer, fans and team. Academic anyway Wiggly's in the background.
Upwards and onwards, Come on Southend.:clap:

Clicking on that Lincoln site, you realize how good the 'zone is. :thumbsup:

What a drag, just logging-on there!

Just a thought..........don't know whether it's occured to anyone else. Tilson was occupied with the youths until, in 2003, he was 'temporarily' put in charge of the first team with Brush. Their first game was against Rochdale, which we won.......the rest is history............but does history repeat itself??? Duncan and Maher (in charge of the youths) given 'temporary' charge of the first team and who is it against????................Rochdale! :smile: Thinking also that Duncan and Maher would suit Ron's pocket down to the ground (pas cher!)! ................just a thought! :winking: I could add that Tilson and Brush took over from wiggle...........sorry, Wignall but maybe that's stretching it a bit far.:smile:

My guess is that Powell will be appointed tomorrow, watch Saturdays game from the stands to assess the team then come next week it will all systems go to get players in. But hey what do I know ?

My guess is that Powell will watch Saturdays game from the stands and do a runner at half time.

to be fair this forum hasnt changed since 2001.

That's not true Naps - I did a forum upgrade several years after 2001 - well 2003, which is why a lot of the usernames 'joined' then but nobody is older. I also did the SZ logo at the same time with my mate and Owls fan Chris on his home PC...

Note: the original Scriven-esque SZ was much earlier - probably about 1995? Dave would know. He was a spotty college kid then, as was I. I can remember chats in the Spread with Mike Smith, Mike's mrs and Railway Bob (we still miss him!) discussing setting up the site. Look how far its come since then!

Last edited:
That's not true Naps - I did a forum upgrade to the current format (granted, its had software updates since then - but to the vbulletin format) several years after 2001 - well 2003, which is why a lot of the usernames 'joined' then but nobody is older. I also did the SZ logo at the same time with my mate and Owls fan Chris on his home PC...

oh yeah, forgot about the logo - good point. sorry my memory's not up to speed!

to be fair this forum hasnt changed since 2001.

Really? SBH and I spent weeks rebuilding these forums from scratch about 4 years ago..The basic vB theme is the same although upgraded about 25 times, the rest is nothing like the old.

Really? SBH and I spent weeks rebuilding these forums from scratch about 4 years ago..The basic vB theme is the same although upgraded about 25 times, the rest is nothing like the old.

Its a lot of work to do such rebuilds isn't it John. Every time I browse other teams fans forums I'm grateful to come back to our excellent site and for the considerable efforts of the current site management keeping it in great nick :thumbsup:

Just a thought..........don't know whether it's occured to anyone else. Tilson was occupied with the youths until, in 2003, he was 'temporarily' put in charge of the first team with Brush. Their first game was against Rochdale, which we won.......the rest is history............but does history repeat itself??? Duncan and Maher (in charge of the youths) given 'temporary' charge of the first team and who is it against????................Rochdale! :smile: Thinking also that Duncan and Maher would suit Ron's pocket down to the ground (pas cher!)! ................just a thought! :winking: I could add that Tilson and Brush took over from wiggle...........sorry, Wignall but maybe that's stretching it a bit far.:smile:

I believe Rochdale was also Mick Goodings only game in charge between Alvin and Alan Little in 1999, and was one of Brown's first games in charge also.

While I agree there's too much for them to lose to leave Lincoln and come here, their fans have quite the opinion of themselves. One chap basically said they're the club with the most potential in the bottom two divisions!

Absolutely despise Lincoln. Mugging them in the playoff final was golden.

Two of Colchester's old players are doing very well as managers of Stanway Rovers, they are already being talked about as the new Cowleys who are currently doing wonders for Lincoln City after their stint at Braintree. Now sit back and just imagine your new dream team are Kem Izzet and your old mate Karl Duguid :stunned:

Funny how every body just assumes Chris Powell would be interested in Southend job and all the Pressure that goes with the job. He may well be enjoying his new job of scouting for Spurs and doing T.V. work for sky no pressure in either of them jobs like he would get here and a lot more job security..

Back