• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell is the man, but, the sticking point is Chris' right hand man Alex Dyer, who he works with 95% of the time, is currently asst man at Kilmarnock with Steve Clarke, so Blues are trying to get him out of there first so he can join up with Powell at Blues, that's whats taking the time in getting this done......

I hope this isn't the case..
The team interests are that CP starts as soon as possible- his assistant can follow even if at the end of the season (almost makes it sound like I will sign but only if Alex can come too). well he can...when he is contractually available or released by his current club. Meantime use KM.

FWIW, Im hoping CP will spot CP in the stands at the SS on Saturday as we need in him ASAP, or I will start to think RM is talking BS about CP joining SUFC.

As it goes I'm really not keen on one of those CP's.

With us abbreviating Chris Powell to CP on here, am I the only one who reads this and automatically thinks "Chris Phillips"?

Perhaps we should use "SCP" for Mr Powell...

I'm glad you brought this and have to agree I was confused, but to be fair that's not hard :dim:

I think I just heard that Chris Phillips is intending to change his name to Peter Black.

Chris Powell is the man, but, the sticking point is Chris' right hand man Alex Dyer, who he works with 95% of the time, is currently asst man at Kilmarnock with Steve Clarke, so Blues are trying to get him out of there first so he can join up with Powell at Blues, that's whats taking the time in getting this done......

Thanks for letting us know Ron.

Sacked twice for being useless and not worked for 2 years. League 2 here we come.

Where do all these Newbies suddenly come from?, with all there initial first negative posts!

Mods,... time to don your investigating hats, and get to work :winking:

Alex Dyer would be a logical choice to work with Chris Powell and is clearly trusted by CP. Has limited experience at Conference level with Welling Utd but obviously has first hand experience of Scottish Football. Hope getting his release from Kilmarnock isn't too much of a sticking point. Can't wait for Chris Powell to get started.

What concerns me slightly is that with all the management changes in recent times Chris Powell is still without a managers job.

CP has put up a photo on his Twitter page of Chris Powell on the train coming back from Manchester read into that what you will..Its looking good that CP will be our next manager..

What concerns me slightly is that with all the management changes in recent times Chris Powell is still without a managers job.

I wouldn't be overly concerned on that.

My understanding is that it was Powelly who was reluctant to get back into management and was taking a break from it.

I wouldn't be overly concerned on that.

My understanding is that it was Powelly who was reluctant to get back into management and was taking a break from it.

Exactly, he had a secure job as no 2 at a decent sized club in Derby, alongside first Nigel Pearson and then Steve McClaren. He'll have benefited from their experience however, going to Spurs in the role he did means he's still kept in with the game but tried a different angle - this will all be to our benefit.

Back