• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surprise no one has mention Tim Sherwood he is out of work I believe highly thought of at spurs maybe no one thinks he would want to manager a club in league one..

****ing hell no the man is more of a joke than Brown. Did you not see his tenure at Swindon?? An absolute disaster.

They would rather nail their own heads to the floor. Oh wait that's the Piranha brothers..:whistling:

"Doug was a nice bloke, nailed my Pelvis to the coffee Table , but I deserved it"

Spiny Norman could be our mascot....

"Well he did do that, yeah. He was a hard man. Vicious but fair"

Last edited:
The Cowleys are very shrewd. I suspect they recognise that Southend, in the right hands, has greater long term potential - given its population catchment area - and might be a very attractive proposition. The fact that RM sacked the entire Brown management team, including a popular and loyal assistant manager, might be seen as a bit of a carrot to attract the management target he is pursuing. But Jam_Man is right. Compensation is likely to prove a stumbling block with the Cowleys. The Lincoln Board are likely to fight like mad to hold on to their very talented managerial team who are contracted until 2021.

Lincoln have the enviable situation of having no large clubs nearby to leach their potential support. Scunthorpe is the closest league side about 30 miles away - same distance between us & West Ham/Tottenham. No really big clubs for quite a distance for them.

Stuff it with all the ex Blues being named, why don't we get Chrissy Powell in with the rest of the all the ex players from the nineties, from our spell in DIV 1/Championship as assistant managers so they could all stand in a line, on the line during training matches, shake their heads and say "not as good as me"!

That should motivate our current bunch!

Lincoln have the enviable situation of having no large clubs nearby to leach their potential support. Scunthorpe is the closest league side about 30 miles away - same distance between us & West Ham/Tottenham. No really big clubs for quite a distance for them.
No clubs nearby because it is the middle of ****ing nowhere and hardly anyone live in Lincolnshire, one of the most sparsely populated counties in England!

No clubs nearby because it is the middle of ****ing nowhere and hardly anyone live in Lincolnshire, one of the most sparsely populated counties in England!

It's sparsely populated but you still have several hundred thousand people in reasonable travel distance with the closest big clubs in Sheffield and Nottingham.

Ron isn't stupid. He wouldn't sack Brown without having someone else in waiting surely? That's why I expected Powell to be quickly appointed. Now I'm starting to wonder if he's delaying to see how Duncan & Maher get on at the weekend. If it goes well, leaving them in charge for a few weeks might not be a bad idea all round and certainly wouldn't hurt the finances.

New manager will be...

Right up against it IMO. He will inherit a squad of players low on confidence. He will quickly realise some of our senior players have seen better days and are carrying pre-existing injuries. He will be unimpressed by the Roots Hall pitch. Finally, he is unlikely to be introduced to any new signings as things stand.

Whoever you are, good luck, I sincerely hope that you can keep the Blues in League One.

Hoping for appointment this week but now Ron Has said that Maher and co are taking charge for Saturday its a problem
now the days are disappearing to the end of January there is now a problem of getting players in ,need to get a new manager
in by Monday at least. if we have any chance of getting players it’s going to be tight

Ron isn't stupid. He wouldn't sack Brown without having someone else in waiting surely? That's why I expected Powell to be quickly appointed. Now I'm starting to wonder if he's delaying to see how Duncan & Maher get on at the weekend. If it goes well, leaving them in charge for a few weeks might not be a bad idea all round and certainly wouldn't hurt the finances.

Chris Powell is the target, but Ron Martin likes to negotiate Manager contracts that suits the club and the new Manager. So it was never going to be super quick, and I don't believe he's the type to talk to Chris Powell whilst Phil Brown was still in charge, from what I'm told.

My guess is that Powell will be appointed tomorrow, watch Saturdays game from the stands to assess the team then come next week it will all systems go to get players in. But hey what do I know ?

This should put paid to speculation linking the Cowleys - http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=52822&start=1

The quote from Danny Cowley is unequivocal. Having seen him "in action" at close quarters, I can't say I am too unhappy about this...............

While I agree there's too much for them to lose to leave Lincoln and come here, their fans have quite the opinion of themselves. One chap basically said they're the club with the most potential in the bottom two divisions!

Hoping for appointment this week but now Ron Has said that Maher and co are taking charge for Saturday its a problem

Why is it a problem, out of interest? Are they really going to put a new manager in 48 hours before a crucial league game? Let Ricky and Kev take Saturday on, they've been here all along and know the players. The new man (who I have no doubt is all in place aside from dotting a few i's and crossing some t's) can focus on learning as much as he can about the players, and identifying potential targets. Get started nice and fresh on Monday.

This should put paid to speculation linking the Cowleys - http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=52822&start=1

The quote from Danny Cowley is unequivocal. Having seen him "in action" at close quarters, I can't say I am too unhappy about this...............

I’m not suggesting that we are after DC or that he would want to come, but that’s exactly what Phil should have said in public when the Bolton, Sunderland, Hull, england assistant etc jobs came up. Obviously tell his agent what he wanted to do

Back