• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes I know 4 days may not seem along time for some supporters. If I was RM I would have had the replacement already lined up, January transfer window is getting smaller day by day. We don't want panic buying at the end of month with limited choice of player available .
It's been four days mate.

Yes- some very interesting stuff here- for the doubters I think it will provide some considerable comfort
http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3074600#Comment_3074600
http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3075001#Comment_3075001

Who would take any notice of a fans forum :winking:

A glance through just the first page and CP is accused of industrial, turgid football and he is not a very good at coaching. Oh and Southend are were we should be in the pyramid.

A glance through just the first page and CP is accused of industrial, turgid football and he is not a very good at coaching. Oh and Southend are were we should be in the pyramid.

The overwhelming number of comments are positive to be fair and some interesting contributions if you read the full threads.

For many years Southend was where it should be in the pyramid but we have failed to move with the times, population growth and advantages to our geographic location. In terms of most populous urban areas we are 28th in the UK so in terms of catchment we should be in the top half of the Championship. We are the 7th most densely populated area outside of London.

If you added Basildon and Chelmsford to our catchment, neither of whom have a league club, our catchment total would be in excess of Liverpool and they have to share their catchment between a number of clubs.

We are hindered by our proximity to London and the fairweather supporters that choose to attend matches with clubs in a higher league but we could easily erode into that number by having on field success of our own.

Basically, we are set fair, to achieve a much higher level of success and sustain it, but it would require the new stadium and probably/possibly a wealthier benefactor. That is not to say, with improved fortunes from a new stadium, that we could not achieve a sustained higher level of football but it would invariably take longer without some serious cash injection.

With a new stadium, and success on the pitch, there is no reason why we should not be a stable member of the Championship and even have a tilt at the Premiership.

Are you getting lined up to be as negative about CP as you were positive about PB?

Are you getting lined up to be as negative about CP as you were positive about PB?

Nope just pointing out how pointless it is to judge someone on a fans forum.

If CP does come here I hope the fans don't turn on him if can't achieve their over ambitious targets. I hope people like Chris Phillips don't do there best to undermine him from day one because they have decided he wouldn't be their choice.

Above all I hope one of our best ever players, if he had pace he would have played at the very top, doesn't leave here later regretting that he ever came back.

If CP does come here I hope the fans don't turn on him if can't achieve their over ambitious targets. I hope people like Chris Phillips don't do there best to undermine him from day one because they have decided he wouldn't be their choice.

Above all I hope one of our best ever players, if he had pace he would have played at the very top, doesn't leave here later regretting that he ever came back.

Powell played five times for England and thats five more than your old favourite did. So what is your point? Just appears to be a veiled slagging. Lets drop that nonsense and get behind the new man, whoever he is, and lets see how he does.

When has CP ever done that?

I live in Benfleet and think I may have seen the Cowley brothers driving away from Ron's house this afternoon.

Could anyone confirm that they drive a beige Vauxhall Chevette?

Back