• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Tilson as assistant and Stanley Victor as part time striker coach.
Now that is reminiscing to our glory days!

Would like to see Tilly involved in some capacity...not sure about Sir Stanley, probably better sticking to his media commitments!

I live in Benfleet and think I may have seen the Cowley brothers driving away from Ron's house this afternoon.

Could anyone confirm that they drive a beige Vauxhall Chevette?

It is interesting that RM is quoted on Twitter by Chris Phillips as saying that he was still carrying out "due diligence" on the new managerial appointment. That phrase suggests that the appointment process may not be as cut and dried as it seemed.

But why was Powell on the train back from Manchester then on Saturday?

That is very true.

Maybe RM's use of the term "due diligence" was not a reference to Chris Powell's appointment, but rather a signal that Powell's backroom team have yet to be finalised.

I would be delighted if Ron is undertaking a route and branch re look at our scouting structure, systems, skills style staff, etc. Probably today more analytics are involved than in the past when assessing players. However I appreciate our resources are limited but would want to examine different models, their chances of success and weigh all that up with the role of Director of Football , even whether such a post is needed and possibly sacrificed to fund more scouting , just as an example of some of the diligence and thinking I'd be pleased to know was going on. So I don't have a problem with Ron taking his time in this, as it is overdue and we certainly need a more dynamic system in both personnel , approach, systems etc.

due diligence
nounLAW

• reasonable steps taken by a person to avoid committing a tort or offence.

• a comprehensive appraisal of a business undertaken by a prospective buyer, especially to establish its assets and liabilities and evaluate its commercial potential.

Should take all of 10 Minutes!,

It is interesting that RM is quoted on Twitter by Chris Phillips as saying that he was still carrying out "due diligence" on the new managerial appointment. That phrase suggests that the appointment process may not be as cut and dried as it seemed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very true.

Maybe RM's use of the term "due diligence" was not a reference to Chris Powell's appointment, but rather a signal that Powell's backroom team have yet to be finalised.

Don't forget the guy mentioned as assistant is working at another club and may need to be released.

That is very true.

RM's quote in the echo says he will be conducting the appointment with due diligence. This is different to conducting a Due diligence on the appointee

Its just a way of saying that this will not be a knee jerk appointment , so keep waiting....

It sounds like Chris Phillips has misheard.

He's conducting it with Dru Diligens - Chris Powell's agent!

It wont be Chris Powell now. If it was I think it would have been announced already as he is scouting for Spurs so could get out whenever he wanted, so why wait with only 9 days of the transfer window left?

I think it will be a surprise appointment that none of us expected.

The new manager issss " The Invisable Man " that's my guess. All this waiting and more waiting is getting a joke now. Don't think RM has anyone in place yet. Let alone any possible signings, poor planning me thinks !:unsure:

Good Ralph Ellison shout.

Ron seems to be reviewing all the available positions available in the club's set up. Not a problem with that but I would be concerned if he is making his own choice of coach etc and then expecting them to all work together in harmony. Imo it is much better if the manager can bring his own choice of backroom staff with him, hopefully this is what will happen over the next few days.

It wont be Chris Powell now. If it was I think it would have been announced already as he is scouting for Spurs so could get out whenever he wanted, so why wait with only 9 days of the transfer window left?

I think it will be a surprise appointment that none of us expected.

It will be Chris Powell.

Back