• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of these how many were a success? How many were sold for a profit?

Will Atkinson
Luke O'Neill - Loan x2, later signed
Cian Bolger - Loan, later signed
Conor Clifford
Jamar Loza - Loan x2
Cauley Woodrow - Loan
John White
Julian Bennett
Jakub Sokolik - Loan x 2, later signed
Adam Thompson - Loan, later signed
Lee Barnard - Loan, later signed
Don Cowan
John Egan - Loan
Craig Reid
Jacob Murphy - Loan
Rob Kiernan - Loan, later signed
Bedsenté Gomis
Ben Coker
Adam Barrett
Shaq Coulthirst - Loan
Stephen McLaughlin - Loan, later signed
Elliot Lee - Loan
Myles Weston
Joe Pigott - Loan x2
David Worrall
Gary Deegan
Jake Cassidy - Loan
Jerome Binnom-Williams - Loan
John-Joe O'Toole - Loan
Lee Barnard
Isaac Layne
Ellis Brown
Mads Ibenfeldt
Sam McQueen - Loan
Piotr Malarczyk - Loan
Dave Mooney
Stephen Hendrie - Loan, later signed
Noel Hunt
Glen Rea - Loan, later signed
Tyrone Barnett - Loan
Glen Kamara - Loan
Anthony Wordsworth
Franck Moussa
Frank Nouble
Jermaine McGlashan
Simon Cox
Anton Ferdinand
Christian Walton - Loan
Jason Dimitriou
Mark Oxley
Theo Robinson
Ryan Inniss - Loan
Luke Amos - Loan
Adam King - Loan
Zavon Hines
Nile Ranger
Marc-Antoine Fortuné
Harry Kyprianou
Michael Kightly
Amadou Ba
Michael Turner
Josh Wright

Last edited:
How many of them will actually be remembered in 4 years' time?

I know it is nearly 5 years now but probably as many as can be remembered from Paul Sturrock's reign. Both signed some good players and both signed some like Elliot Benyon and Craig Read which I wish I could forget!

Those players weren't brought in to be sold for a profit, they were brought in to get us promoted and stabilize us in League One, hopefully pushing on for the Championship.

Apart from this season, that has been achieved.

The question, as mentioned before, is how much they cost?

Ibenfeldt was never given a real chance. Had a touch of class about him and I would have loved to have seen him given a good run in the team. Breaking his ankle or whatever it was didn't help him I guess

I suspect if Phil had his time again he wouldn't touch Nile Ranger with a ten foot replica firearm.

I know it is nearly 5 years now but probably as many as can be remembered from Paul Sturrock's reign. Both signed some good players and both signed some like Elliot Benyon and Craig Read which I wish I could forget!

Leonard, Timlin, Mohsni, Ryan Hall, Prosser, Corr.....

I suppose Ranger is memorable but not necessarily for the right reasons.

Those players weren't brought in to be sold for a profit, they were brought in to get us promoted and stabilize us in League One, hopefully pushing on for the Championship.

Apart from this season, that has been achieved.

The question, as mentioned before, is how much they cost?

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Nope, I don't get that.

I get the reference, but not sure how it translates to PB's tenure.

I think the one I'm most disappointed with is Michael Kightly, with his obvious talent, and not one of our oldest, I really thought when he signed he would be a significant player this season.

Whether it is injury or form, to me, his signing has not lived up to my expectation, with the exception of the Blackburn game.

Possibly Phil Brown's best signing, but most frustrating

I think the one I'm most disappointed with is Michael Kightly, with his obvious talent, and not one of our oldest, I really thought when he signed he would be a significant player this season.

Whether it is injury or form, to me, his signing has not lived up to my expectation, with the exception of the Blackburn game.

Possibly Phil Brown's best signing, but most frustrating

I think he is one of the oldest isn't he?

I thought he was 31 (haven't checked)

Was thinking more of AF and MT as the oldies.

Still at 31 (if that's how old he is ) he should still have 2 or 3 seasons left in him if he can stay fit.

I thought he was 31 (haven't checked)

Was thinking more of AF and MT as the oldies.

Still at 31 (if that's how old he is ) he should still have 2 or 3 seasons left in him if he can stay fit.

MK is 32 next week.

But there are still a few older.. my mistake. I thought he was already 33!

MK over the past 8 seasons has only once played in more than 30 games (36 in 2013/14) and only on one other occasion 22 in 2012/13. Even at his peak with Wolves his number of appearances were limited. To expect him to manage 46 games in the hurly burly of L1 at his age and with his injury record was optimistic at best, if we are being generous.

I also think our pitch hasn't helped him, or any of our other players who have recurring injuries.

I also think our pitch hasn't helped him, or any of our other players who have recurring injuries.
The lesson, surely, is not to sign injury prone players, regardless of the state of the pitch, especially with a relatively small squad.

Back