• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree it's our toughest time for 8 years - such is Brown's legacy - but we now have light at the end of the tunnel and an opportunity to rebuild.

Such is our plight, it won't be the fault of any incoming players if we are relegated. The previous regime saw us lose 8 in 9. From there things can surely only get better.

I think the atmosphere at Roots Hall will be miles better now a change in manager has been made.

I think the dressing room will be better in the future now a disruptive player has been removed.

I think the crowd are looking for someone to inspire them, someone to get them to their feet, someone's name to sing. We've been in desperate short-supply of those in recent seasons. So here's a real opportunity for a young player to stake a claim not just for a place in the starting XI but in the hearts of supporters who are desperate for someone to latch onto and give them a reason to believe.

So yes I would be advising any young player to come to Southend.

Good to see you have finally given him some credit.

Whilst he improved a club in debt each year other bigger clubs with more to spend than us are now none league.

Of course we know this group of players should be in the top 3 so anyone, I mean anyone other than Brown will have a nice easy few moths and finish comfortably in the top half. With a few shrewd 23 year old POTY types cueing to play for us in the summer......Champions with at least 100 points in 2019.....I guarantee you.

Sorry I must have mis-understood this quote "The pitch has been a major set back for us and will do for who ever gets the mangers job. In fact It has already put certain people off from what I here."

I thought you might have known who.

The pitch has been a major set back for us and will do for who ever gets the mangers job. In fact It has already put certain people off from what I here.

A while back there was a football household name at RH for a game. His job is to assess any clubs that his PL club may be looking to loan players to......He only came the once and didn't bother with any away games.

I meant it will be hard for the new manger to sign loanees or transfer in an up and running L1 first 11 type of player if the parent team and scouts are advising against coming to RH

Out of interest, who is responsible for the sorry state of the pitch? Heard some saying the company we normally use had to start late as they had equipment go wrong etc. but who made the decision to not find another company who could’ve done it, even at a higher price if needs must?

The pitch is our bread and butter. I don’t claim to know anything about this sort of thing, so I’m asking a genuine question. Just find it so hard to believe that a professional football club could have made such a huge error of judgment.

Agree find it strange but this is SUFC we are talking about so not surprised.

To be honest I don't get involved in many offfield/non player discussion with anyone. so no idea who to blame if anyone but OBL has more info in that department

Who cuts the grass, who does what in the office or who cuts the onion rings is of no interest to me personally so I'm not interested in that sort of gossip.

I did actually make a recommendation to the management about the pitch that I though would help our team....This was acted on and the observant amongst you may have noticed the change....Maybe they were going to do it anyway but I like to think I helped....although it will also help the away team......Can you guess ?

P.S it was ruin it so we can't play on it.

Agree find it strange but this is SUFC we are talking about so not surprised.

To be honest I don't get involved in many offfield/non player discussion with anyone. so no idea who to blame if anyone but OBL has more info in that department

Who cuts the grass, who does what in the office or who cuts the onion rings is of no interest to me personally so I'm not interested in that sort of gossip.

I did actually make a recommendation to the management about the pitch that I though would help our team....This was acted on and the observant amongst you may have noticed the change.
...Maybe they were going to do it anyway but I like to think I helped....although it will also help the away team......Can you guess ?

P.S it was ruin it so we can't play on it.

Make the goals a lot bigger?......Opposing keeper not allowed in his own penalty area?.......Oh, sorry, the pitch. I will think again.

It's not the pitch. Its the ever-revolving door of players, often in an unnatural position. Its the ongoing injury list. Its the inability to knock in the goals when in top gear. Its the deflating nature of the team's attitude when we know we have a bad side out one week. Its the awful form of so many players that dip so alarmingly, constantly. Its the feeling of defeatism around the team for so long. Its the players being singled out in the after match interviews, its the bad discipline, the tactics being all over the place, the points being thrown away week after week. If i shut my eyes, itll all go away, actually it didnt. But now i'm hoping it will indeed go away, because a man manager and good tactician, a fan's favourite lifting the crowd, inspiration from the bottom up. We can do this. Go on Kev Maher :smile:

Back