• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dobriyden ... and may I say just how wonderful the Russian people are and how much I love your Great cities, St Basils Cathedral, Kremlin and Red Square, The Palace, eternal flame and the Botanical gardens, Vodka, the Bolshei, the stunning underground, only just beaten by the magnificence of the Venice of the East, St. Petersburg being one of the most astonishing cities on earth, that I am so pleased to have visited
Here in what used to be known as Eastseaxe ( East Saxons ) we have a mammoth population surrounding us of 1.802m ( last count 2016 ) absolutely perfect for your dreams of laundering money and taking a lowish level football club to the Premiership , please help, come and visit Basildon for example:winking:

Xui Phing Nu Dong is the way forward - every journey begins with a singe step - and super long Dong is a better bet than the olitarts of Mosow

What are the financial implications of PB's shares. I heard he holds 35% but not sure how true that is. Can you hold shares at a club and manage another club. Would there be a conflict of interest if the teams played each other?

Where did you hear that from? 35% seems awfully high for a shareholder that doesn't provide any financial backing what so ever, and would be a complete slap in the face to the board members that do keep the club afloat. I imagine it would be far more nominal than that. I couldn't see Ron giving away more than a 5% stake let alone 35%.

Where did you hear that from? 35% seems awfully high for a shareholder that doesn't provide any financial backing what so ever, and would be a complete slap in the face to the board members that do keep the club afloat. I imagine it would be far more nominal than that. I couldn't see Ron giving away more than a 5% stake let alone 35%.

I would imagine as it was when Tara was here ,the shares would be in the new FF plan and not much to do with the club as it stands atm.

If you could delay a bill for say 4 months knowing where you stand then as atm everything is in upheaval within your company...I guess you might...............Ron works that way ..it is proven time after time...he pays when he actually has to.

Unlikely to play that game with the stadium I'd say - miss a scheduled payment slot, and Contractors will down tools quicker than you can say 'Fossetts Farm'.

Unlikely to play that game with the stadium I'd say - miss a scheduled payment slot, and Contractors will down tools quicker than you can say 'Fossetts Farm'.

British Land? are financing it I think....so not really RM's money to play with. I doubt they will be handing it over to him to do with as he wishes. They will have more eyes on their investment than a 27 eyed Octopus.

Not that I have ever seen one of them:whistling:

I do tend to agree with Rigsby we are a mid table 3rd division club anything above that we are overachieving below that under.
F.F. if it comes off, is when we can really have higher goals, before that well lets wait, as it would end in tears again.
Our longish spell and very short one in the Championship were wonderfull, but each time did the club pay or it, and but for Sturrock, we could easily be where Stockport are now not even in the 5th Division.
I thought we had a team and I mean a team not squad, to challenge this year for at least the play off's.
However Tango luck ran out, and I think the timing of his sacking is spot on. Its look forward now and a season to make sure we stay at this level, which wont be easy. Thanks Phil your time in charge will be looked at as above average improvement every season except this one, you cant and should not answer or much more than that.

I'm not sure I'd actually describe our Championship experiences as wonderful (the first year under Webb and then the brief Judas spell aside).

It's far more about the journey than the destination in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'd actually describe our Championship experiences as wonderful (the first year under Webb and then the brief Judas spell aside).

I enjoyed some of the experiences in our most recent year in the Championship - away trips to Sunderland, Birmingham, QPR, Palace, Leeds, Southampton, etc. were good fun. Hell, we even won one of them.

Admittedly, not winning a league game between August and December wasn't so great.

I enjoyed some of the experiences in our most recent year in the Championship - away trips to Sunderland, Birmingham, QPR, Palace, Leeds, Southampton, etc. were good fun. Hell, we even won one of them.

Admittedly, not winning a league game between August and December wasn't so great.

Again, far more about the journey than the destination...

At the time I was resident in Deepest Darkest Dagenham. For my sins where I grew up.
It was just brilliant walking into those spamers pubs with my Southend Shirt on, and the looks said it all.
I have many S.U.F.C. Championship times which I would describe as wonderfull.
Preston away when we were dead and buried and that wonderfull Mr Mc Cormack strike.
Supporting a team like Shrimpers as you know is all about dreams. Being at that level was sad I know but fullfilling a dream.

Again, far more about the journey than the destination...

If by 'destination' you mean 'being in the second tier' then I enjoyed that. From the start I was prepared for our stay to be a short one so decided to enjoy the ride.

The 'journey' - tearing through the third tier - was also tremendous.

Late 2003 to mid 2007 was just a great time to be a Southend fan.

Back