• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
I see Scunthorpe have got a game this week, on Tuesday against Doncaster Rovers.

Looking forward to this one! :thumbsup:

I see Scunthorpe have got a game this week, on Tuesday against Doncaster Rovers.

Looking forward to this one! :thumbsup:

Yeah, me too Andy !

Got tickets yesterday, should be an interesting afternoon.

New manager + new signings + new line up + new tactics = home win (we live in hope the maths add up!)

I hate using the term must win , but until we get clear of that bottom four we must win by any means possible.

We have to make sure that we are playing league 1 football next season so that CP or any new manager has a chance to sign his own team and have a crack at the top.

This week the weather will be wet. The pitch is going to be dreadful. As a game it will be rotten, like most other games. It's a tough ask for our squad to get points from this one. Scunthorpe are a good side despite their result on Saturday. It will be a nervous 90 minutes, the game will be anything but a spectacle, the football will be terrible and it's unlikely to bring us 3 points.

And I haven't looked forward to a game so much in ages!

COME ON!

Last edited:
This week the weather will be wet. The pitch is going to be dreadful. As a game it will be rotten, like most other games. It's a tough ask for our squad to get points from this one. Scunthorpe are a good side despite their result on Saturday. It will be a nervous 90 minutes, the game will be anything but a spectacle, the football will be terrible and it's unlikely to bring us 3 points.

And I haven't looked forward to a game so much is ages!

COME ON!

Well you've ‘sold’ it to me !

COME ON!

fbm, does this mean I must pack my "northern" wax jacket and wellies or am I going to get within 3 miles of Roots Hall to find it rained orf ?

Cgive it a break mate ,good job you weren't in the Second World War ,WE Will WiN ,u heard it here first

fbm, does this mean I must pack my "northern" wax jacket and wellies or am I going to get within 3 miles of Roots Hall to find it rained orf ?

I think it'll be fine. It might be abandoned as too many players disappear into the quicksand that is the Roots Hall pitch...

As long as its the scumthorpe players that disappear in it im happy, be good to read on Sunday how they played ,what sort of system Kevin and Ricky play etc and how the supporters and players react to it , hoping for 3 points we desparately need them.:thumbsup::happy:

COME ON!

Ron's taken steps to improve the pitch by putting the manager on gardening duties. Given the way he produces fertiliser every time he opens his mouth it might even work.

In the absence of any new signings I'd go:

Oxley
Bwomono Turner Kyprianou Coker
Demetriou Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Fortune Cox

Fresh legs from the bench: Wabo and McGlashan

I think this offers the best mix of attacking and defending, youth and experience, height and pace than we can cobble together from this unbalanced squad.

Ron's taken steps to improve the pitch by putting the manager on gardening duties. Given the way he produces fertiliser every time he opens his mouth it might even work.

Oxley
Fortune Cox

I think this offers the best mix of attacking and defending, youth and experience, height and pace than we can cobble together from this unbalanced squad.
Would agree on that XI, especially CB pairing and having Elvis and Demi on the right. CM options do look a little weak since Lenny departed though.

Oxley
Fortune Cox

Putting a 36 year old in, instead of a youngster! :omg:

* adopts hippie voice *

What happened to the dream? .. You were going to change the world, man! :sad:

Last edited:

Oxley
Fortune Cox

Unlikely Turner will be fit. White instead.

I'd also play Wabo straight in.

Spot on with Wabo.

He's had more shots on goal than Fortune and he's only been on the pitch 10 minutes!

I think Wordsworth could be 50/50 at best (he didn't train on Friday), but Wright is definitely ruled out for the weekend. I think he is expected to return around mid February.

Subject to availability and no new injuries then I would go for the following:

Oxley
White Turner Kyprianou Coker
Wabo, Cox

Subs: Robinson, Fortune, Ferdinand, McLashan, Hendrie, Kightly, Bishop

Love Fortune, but he doesn't have any goals in him and goals is what we need!!

Blimey - makes me realise that our squad is both weak and unbalanced.

Also why did RM authorise allowing Bridge to leave when he must have known that PB was on his way out? I would have started him instead of Yearwood in that formation and told him to support the front two with Timlin playing the holding role.

I'm sticking with the same team I had for Rochdale :-

Oxley
Demetriou White Kyprianou Coker
Kightly Timlin Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Wabo

Diamond system with Tims at the bottom and Dru at the top.

Back