• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From memory and by his own recent admission he likes a clean sheet mentality but then all good teams are built on a solid defence. He does, IIRC, add balance to that elsewhere on the park and we should see some forward play with intent. The exact formation with this game is going to be hard to call. We don't know who is fit, who has impressed or what SCP has to work with at the moment. It will be interesting to see.

Yes - absolute .......... but it is still early days.

I'll try not to dampen the enthusiasm and optimism too much. I am reasonably confident that we shall avoid the drop, that, after all (barring a miracle), is what this season is now about. I would normally buy in to the new manager bounce theory but for me there are two huge obstacles to success today. Firstly, we have not added to the squad and secondly the limitation to selection due to our list of injuries.
A couple of additional observations about our opponents today. In their last eight matches they have scored in every one.............on a more optimistic slant, they have also conceded in every one of their last 8 games apart from one and that was against Bury. Look forward to seeing the team selection and may change my prediction when it is revealed.

Look forward to seeing the team selection and may change my prediction when it is revealed.

A tease from the club?

W4guQw.jpg

Oxley, Demetriou, White, Turner, Coker (C), McLaughlin, Yearwood, Timlin, Kightly, Cox, Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Ferdinand, McGlashan, Klass, Robinson, Wabo

Spot on with Wabo.

He's had more shots on goal than Fortune and he's only been on the pitch 10 minutes!
If Wabo has only been on for 10 minutes why are you keen to have him start? I think (although I hope not) he will be another in a long line of "he's the next big star" that doesn't make it.

If Wabo has only been on for 10 minutes why are you keen to have him start? I think (although I hope not) he will be another in a long line of "he's the next big star" that doesn't make it.

Especially since he was winning very few 50/50 battles in that cameo, paired with Cox it'd likely be a disaster since Cox isn't great at holding the ball up so there wouldn't be anyone to bring the midfielders into attack. As the only striker capable of holding the ball we have Fortune should be starting no matter how shot shy he is, Wabo should be a sub that comes on for Cox.

Nice to see he is already putting his personal touch on things just a few days into his reign, happy with Coker skippering the side and equally happy seeing Johnny White get a start ahead of Anton. Shows Powell has already recognised the grafters and honest pros.

Wet, Cold but I’m excited

Especially since he was winning very few 50/50 battles in that cameo, paired with Cox it'd likely be a disaster since Cox isn't great at holding the ball up so there wouldn't be anyone to bring the midfielders into attack. As the only striker capable of holding the ball we have Fortune should be starting no matter how shot shy he is, Wabo should be a sub that comes on for Cox.

Worked OK with MAF today, so fair point on Norm.

However, you don't need to see someone for long to know whether they know where the goal is and have a strikers instinct and this lad has both. Trust me.

I'm sure people who have seen him regularly would agree.

Back