• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I believe Ray's funeral is on 20th February at 11 a.m. at St Mary's - all welcome at the church, colours welcome.

I remember Ray well from match days and saturday night discos in the Shrimpers Club with 'Big Norm' on the door (lads,lads,lads. I've told you twice.....). Great days. Also the infamous england away game in Luxemburg when he got bashed by the riot police "We were giving it a bit of england, england which is fair enough".

I've been in Holland now for 25 years so I haven't seen Ray for a good while. He is very much part of my memories of happy times. He really has been Mr Southend and a very nice man.

Sleep well Ray. Blue Army !

Those were great times which I remember so well and all the fun times.
How many times were we warned lol and after an away match the players would all join us in the bar.

I got to know both Ray Snr & Ray Jnr quite well during the very early 80s.
Come rain or shine Ray Snr was always in the club and often to be there early morning especially on market days (Thursday) which was always buzzing.
He has been a familiar figure at this club for more years than I can remember and one I suspect that will be sadly missed.
My thoughts go to Ray Jnr at this sad time.

RIP Ray x

Ray's funeral starting about now. Am sure it will be very well supported, I believe the club is closing to allow staff to attend. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Back