• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson: Powell would get the immediate respect of Blues squad

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United legend Steve Tilson believes Chris Powell will immediately earn the respect of the squad - if he does become the new Shrimpers boss.

More...

Having Tilson back on the coaching staff can only be a positive for the club,

I am pretty confident Chris Powell is going to be confirmed tomorrow AM! :smile:

Tilson sits in the directors box pretty much every game so I think they've put it all behind us. Maybe managing Basildon ladies will do that to you

I like the idea of Tilden coming back in some capacity. Maybe first team coach, if we can afford 3 new staff members!!

Powell, Dyer and Tilson......

I'd love to see Powell as manager with Tilson as his assistant. It would be like an upmarket version of Tilson/Brush. Two good guys with plenty of experience and a very clear passion for SUFC. No guarantee of success but I don't think the lazy or disinterested would survive long

Tilson sits in the directors box pretty much every game so I think they've put it all behind us. Maybe managing Basildon ladies will do that to you

He's done a solid job at Basildon. I'd imagine however he might want to see the job through, especially if they get granted WSL2 status.

Not this season he hasn't. There has been less tickets available due to a 'change of policy' by club staff. I did see Peter Taylor at the ground but he headed towards the East blues, where some of the scouts are now sent.... Although he could have been in the Centre Circle.

I like the idea of Tilden coming back in some capacity. Maybe first team coach, if we can afford 3 new staff members!!

Powell, Dyer and Tilson......
No to those 3! With the added effect of the unexpected/unknown,Tilden can do it on his own!

Back