• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hidden Content

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Stupid question, but what does it mean when someone likes a post of mine which has "hidden content" as the title?

Twice that's happened in the last two days.

TIA

Stupid question, but what does it mean when someone likes a post of mine which has "hidden content" as the title?

Twice that's happened in the last two days.

TIA
Got a link/screenshot of an example Andy? Doesn't ring a bell.

Thanks 'Manor'

I couldn't link or screenshot it, but this is the sample on my 'posts/likes' page from the other day :-

01:10 PM - AndyT clicked Likes for this post: Southend United v Scunthorpe United by fbm
Ron's taken steps to...

12:21 PM - Spaceman Spiff clicked Likes for this post: -= Hidden Content =- by AndyT

11:53 AM - AndyT clicked Likes for this post: 2017 Ashes by Perth Bambi

Wondered if that helps?

Could it be something that has since been deleted. Not that I know of any posts of mine that have been, lately.

Andy

That's a good point, but I can't recall commenting on a thread that's been recently deleted.

We've had a few closed threads, sometimes they do "disappear", especially if closed quite quickly.

It'll be a deleted post/thread as Spiff will still be able to see those and must have liked it before it was deleted/after not realising it had been.

Can't track down which post unfortunately but most likely a post in a thread which has gone.

Should just show up as normal with the title of the new thread if it's part of a merged thread but will keep an eye on it.

Thanks 'Manor'.

Really appreciated, mate.

Judging by the time (12:21) I’m guessing it’s this one Andy:

79197384-C62C-4928-B6F2-F5D2A0DBF4B6.jpg

I liked the reported post about Phil and the Roslin, and that thread was subsequently deleted. Therefore even though my ‘like’ was to the post from you I saw in the Reported Posts forum, the fact the the thread it was about was subsequently deleted must be the reason it shows as hidden content for you in your ‘likes’ listings. A quirk of the forum. Hope that helps :smile:

If you click on the title of the post --- above where it says Hidden Content it should publish the post so it can be read.

Works for me, anyway.

If you click on the title of the post --- above where it says Hidden Content it should publish the post so it can be read.

Works for me, anyway.

Thanks, Ken. It doesn't under my 'posts/likes' section, but no problem, as it's only ever happened twice.

Thanks for checking, though.

Judging by the time (12:21) I’m guessing it’s this one Andy:

View attachment 5089

I liked the reported post about Phil and the Roslin, and that thread was subsequently deleted. Therefore even though my ‘like’ was to the post from you I saw in the Reported Posts forum, the fact the the thread it was about was subsequently deleted must be the reason it shows as hidden content for you in your ‘likes’ listings. A quirk of the forum. Hope that helps :smile:

That would have been it. Thanks 'spaceman'

I recall the reported post now, as it was potentially libelous.

Back