• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why can't we just leave Anton, and the other hate figures alone, and get on with doing what we are supposed to be doing... supporting our club, our team and our players!

I am am pretty sure that Anton knows what the issues are, and I am also pretty sure he is professional enough to know when he can and can't play safely. Whether playing whilst suffering is the best thing for the team when others are not fit either has contributed to our less than pretty situation is up for debate. I suspect that a change of regime and thinking will go a long way to cure the malaise, and I am also in no doubt that a few good results with some better performances, with the fans support instead of constant criticism would transform not only Anton's form but also many others as well.

i may be totally wrong in my thinking about the team performances being linked to a more positive vibe all round here, and happy to concede if proved to be the case - but please stop moaning and victimising individual players. It is horrible and disrespectful.

Just a word on Ferdinand coming on today. He was excellent. Read the game well...made a couple of critical tackles. Well played Anton. I also hope those who have been vocal in their criticism at home especially could maybe turn that against wigan players this saturday coming

Just a word on Ferdinand coming on today. He was excellent. Read the game well...made a couple of critical tackles. Well played Anton. I also hope those who have been vocal in their criticism at home especially could maybe turn that against wigan players this saturday coming
Probably a forlorn hope , I fear. Some of those vocal ones travelled all the way to Peterborough to carry on carping. They were at it today before White's stretcher had even left the pitch, and they then proceeded to greet Ferdinand's almost-every touch with mock admiration.

Probably a forlorn hope , I fear. Some of those vocal ones travelled all the way to Peterborough to carry on carping. They were at it today before White's stretcher had even left the pitch, and they then proceeded to greet Ferdinand's almost-every touch with mock admiration.

Probably the same idiots that get excited over blue smoke!!!

Anton's a decent bloke, and, by what I heard today, did a good job when he came on.

Anton's a decent bloke, and, by what I heard today, did a good job when he came on.

he looked a lot fitter - lighter - and played well ....

whatever was going on under Brown was obviously not good

Peterborough tended to play balls over the top rather than along the floor which meant Turner and Ferdy were always going to be winners

he looked a lot fitter - lighter - and played well ....

whatever was going on under Brown was obviously not good

My point entirely! I don't think there has been any problem with Anton's footballing ability at all. He lost his mum in pre-season, and has been supporting his brother through losing his sister-in-law prior to that. That alone is not conducive for a good mental state, yet he has also been battling a longstanding back injury, and had clearly become out of favour with PB and fans alike. No wonder the big guy has been struggling with form! Enter SCP, a sprinkle of magic dust in the form of positivity, and within 10 days the Anton people thought was lost forever is suddenly back!!

Peterborough tended to play balls over the top rather than along the floor which meant Turner and Ferdy were always going to be winners

So the bloke has a more decent impact on the game, but you still cannot bring yourself to say anything positive. As it happens, the cracking tackle he made was on the deck.

So the bloke has a more decent impact on the game, but you still cannot bring yourself to say anything positive. As it happens, the cracking tackle he made was on the deck.

No, I'm saying Ferdinand won everything in the air, did really well. He also made a tackle on the deck.

Please don't try to read something into my post that isn't there

As part of the squad, surely we should back him.....wasn't John White in the same box 6 weeks ago....and look at his & the team effort today...UTB.....always

Yeah it seems to be the younger fans going for him. Not quite grown up enough to realise the harm from panning one of your own. Yes he's been poor, yes he's been at fault for a lot of goals but he is definitely this year's boo boy, which is surprising given how good he was last year.

While Anton has been part of some horrible, horrible performances this year, he's also only missed one of our clean sheets.

Really doesn't help himself by carping about w*** h** on twitter though.

Got to admit. He came on for Johnny White and thought great. I'll have to say Chris Powell has done a number on him. He was like the player of last year. Had a good game and held the line. Credit where it's due. ;) Great to see the our team was back as well as the smiles on the Shrimpers faces.

If Anton has a back problem and knew he wouldnt be at his best because of it ,but had to play because off injuries to others ,then that to me says he is a good clubman and whether injured or not was prepared to risk further injury and play because it was neccassary as there was not other alternative, and after reading the match reports all i can say is welcome back Anton.:thumbsup:

So Peterborough played the ball over the top to turn our defence and test their speed?

It wouldn't be the first time this season. I can't remember which manager it was, but one of them even said that. So well done everyone who played in defence yesterday.

Not sure if he was doing the same yesterday as I wasn’t there but I liked how he was leading the defensive warm up before the Scunthorpe match. It was the most “up for it” I have ever seen him since he has been at the club!

Regarding haters at football matches, it just shows that nothing really changes. I can remember Kevin Maher getting a lot of stick from some fans back in the day and I never could understand the hate directed towards Mark Gower while he was here, he is one of my all time favourite Southend players.

Back