• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Sheridan has been appointed Fleetwood boss.

Oxford seem to be going for Craig Bellamy :stunned: Not sure he’d be a great man manager, but I’d be glad to be proved wrong.

I don't think Brown will get another job as a manager. His style is too old hat and boring. I get more convinced by the day he was trying to get the sack and didn't really care less about us. The turn round has been phenomenal since Chris came in with possibly less resources than were available to Brown - no Leonard, no White, no Wright and no Wordsworth. A bit of faith in Dru and allowing players to get forward and attack was all it needed. I'm still a bit concerned with all the long term contracts that Brown has left us with older players though.

I don't think Brown will get another job as a manager. His style is too old hat and boring. I get more convinced by the day he was trying to get the sack and didn't really care less about us. The turn round has been phenomenal since Chris came in with possibly less resources than were available to Brown - no Leonard, no White, no Wright and no Wordsworth. A bit of faith in Dru and allowing players to get forward and attack was all it needed. I'm still a bit concerned with all the long term contracts that Brown has left us with older players though.

Ermm.....I think Jonny White played in his 1st home game and started his 1st away one!

I don't think Brown will get another job as a manager. His style is too old hat and boring. I get

He's already been offered a managing job at Grimsby though. He turned it down (presumably because he'd have to cancel his contract with us to do it, and I'm guessing we pay more than Grimsby), but it does indicate some clubs will still be interested in bringing him on. I doubt he'd get a League 1 club but I can see more League 2 sides being interested since he's a manager that's been promoted from the league before, and League 2 football is generally dull anyway so it's not going to be a big a turn off as it is at this level.

Turner has been the best player over the 5 games for CP. Anton is looking better after a rest and Cox has been more than useful in his 4 games,

Turner has been the best player over the 5 games for CP. Anton is looking better after a rest and Cox has been more than useful in his 4 games,

Agreed - it's not so much this season as next and maybe the one after - On current performances I doubt any one would argue that Cox, Turner, White and Timlin are worth new contracts next year - trouble is when everyone gets old together you end up like West Brom bottom of the league. It's a balance of youth and experience that's needed.

The new contract offers in the summer will be interesting as Demetriou, Kightly, Robinson and Ferdinand are already contracted and new contracts for Coker and Wordsworth would also take them into their 30s.

He's been dating my Cousin's Best Friend for the last 5 years.
They have a House together down here and i don't think she's keen on moving up North so i guess we will see.

Favourite for the Mansfield job.

Apparently David Flitcroft is leaving Swindon to take over at Mansfield :stunned: Not sure I fully understand why he would make that choice, but the Swindon fans and local rag are convinced its true. Press conference at Mansfield tomorrow morning.

Phil will be gardening until the summer I think (and possibly a lot longer than that)

Apparently David Flitcroft is leaving Swindon to take over at Mansfield :stunned: Not sure I fully understand why he would make that choice, but the Swindon fans and local rag are convinced its true. Press conference at Mansfield tomorrow morning.

Phil will be gardening until the summer I think (and possibly a lot longer than that)

Probably not possibly.

Yeah saw that and posted about it in the sacked managers thread. It is true, wonder if PB will be on for the Swindon job?

I couldn't have put it better. At the end of the day, whilst managing SUFC he won us more games then we lost. (that's obviously a good thing).

Come to think of it. Of the 251 games he managed us, he won and drawn 163 of those. Meaning we only dropped 88 points out of the 359 points we made within 251 matches.

Not a bad stat considering the long time he was in charge.

As others have said previously, I thank him for his service to our club for nearly 5 years, and I wish him all the very best in the future.
You might want to check your maths , pretty sure that losing 88 games loses 264 points not 88. Makes he stats look a little different

did that 251 games include cup games jf so then thats not 264 .points lost as you dont get points for cup games ,well FA and league cup games albeit you do for JP or whatever its called to begin with anyway:smiles:

Back