• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil has had to apologise over a remark he made on Talksport when he used the word holocaust when describing the performance of Bakayoko of Chelsea in a recent match. He has apologised to the Campaign against Antisemitism.

One thing that's interesting is that Turner has really been doing the business for us once fit and up to speed. Wonder how the first half of the season would have gone if he were available throughout...

Phil has had to apologise over a remark he made on Talksport when he used the word holocaust when describing the performance of Bakayoko of Chelsea in a recent match. He has apologised to the Campaign against Antisemitism.

Shocking comment that was

Said when he went, that he'd go back up North, & the Grimsby job would suit him, as reckon he'll either get a League 1 or 2 club now. Plus it's only across the Humber to his beloved Hull!.

Shame he didnt take it as I assume we wouldn't have to pay his wages once he starts another job?
And I hate Grimsby. :thumbdown:

I think he will be happy to continue on gardening leave picking up his SUFC wages until the end of the season, and then pimp himself for any job that brings in an income.

After all, it would make sense (at least to me), and there's more jobs going in the season break. No point in gambling now, with the risk of moving on to another club in February (still getting a club relegated) and being sacked again in September.

Fleetwood would be a good fit for him, doesn't his daughter live in the Bolton area?

Fleetwood would be a good fit for him, doesn't his daughter live in the Bolton area?

Yes. But I think he prefers life down south so I would think it may well be somewhere nice and sunny rather than Grimsby or Fleetwood.

I reckon he insisted that he had to take Horton and Bob Shaw to Grimsby with him and, like Hartlepool, they said no - so he turned them down.

Now clear favourite at 4/5 with Bet Victor for the Fleetwood vacancy.

Good news if it happened, but I think it’s unlikely unless he’s either happy to work with Gretar Steinsson, their Technical Director, or Steinsson leaves. Steinsson leaving doesn’t seem to be on the cards.

Back