• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Keddie - Did I hear right?

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Before the start of Saturday's match the announcer read out a list of supporters that had died. Both me and Mrs RHB thought we heard David Keddie's name mentioned but there is nothing in the Echo or any other local paper that we can see. Did we imagine it, or mishear?

Before the start of Saturday's match the announcer read out a list of supporters that had died. Both me and Mrs RHB thought we heard David Keddie's name mentioned but there is nothing in the Echo or any other local paper that we can see. Did we imagine it, or mishear?

Was he the man behind the department store?.

Southend has been in decline ever since it closed.

I don't remember hearing that at all. There was a eulogy to Ray Davy, but I didn't hear about any other supporters who had died. In fact, we normally do those once a year, and it was only done very recently.

I don't remember hearing that at all. There was a eulogy to Ray Davy, but I didn't hear about any other supporters who had died. In fact, we normally do those once a year, and it was only done very recently.

Well, he read from a script. I've heard more emotion from a call centre operative taking me through the terms and conditions.

I'm going to take your recollection as gospel OBL. We must have both imagined it, really strange.

If you misheard it then so did I. A small list of names were read out

I didn't hear it but have done a few searches as I'm a very sad individual. Can't see anything apart from his full name was
Murray David Maitland Keddie
hence presumably the reason Maitland House is called Maitland House. I did known there was a Leigh branch on the corner of Oakleigh Park Drive and the Broadway years and years ago.

I didn't hear it but have done a few searches as I'm a very sad individual. Can't see anything apart from his full name was
Murray David Maitland Keddie
hence presumably the reason Maitland House is called Maitland House. I did known there was a Leigh branch on the corner of Oakleigh Park Drive and the Broadway years and years ago.

Yes I remember that too but then I went to school in Leigh back in the 60's.:cricko:

Another big blues fan Gary Dear also passed away recently and was one of the names read out, was a bit of a shock as he wasn't that old.

Lets hope RHB doesn't hear any of our names read out before our time. Or is that Satanist Micky G secretly reading out the RH curse.

Bloody hell this is a bit spooky really :unsure:

In school we had to write a fake newspaper article for English and me and my mate wrote about Princess Diana dying in a car crash, 6 months later it happened! We said it was by the Brentwood centre though, not Paris

Back