• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Although it was called off early yesterday, not just over an hour before kick off!

Our game against Rochdale at the Crown Oil Arena, has been rearranged for Tuesday 13th March unless that also gets postponed.

Unless they get through the Millwall replay at Waterworld Splatlands and draw with Tottenham or that game gets called off, they're still in the FA Cup. May be playing in July?
:unsure:

Rochdale play all their postponed and rearranged matches every day in the first week of May, win them all and are promoted Champions:smile:

Remember poor Canvey having a fixture pile up a few seasons back, seem to recall they were playing every second/third day to catch up

Remember poor Canvey having a fixture pile up a few seasons back, seem to recall they were playing every second/third day to catch up

Sure you're not thinking of Bowers ? Canvey's pitch has an excellent record of playability despite being at or around sea level.

Sure you're not thinking of Bowers ? Canvey's pitch has an excellent record of playability despite being at or around sea level.

He may be referring to the 2000/01 season, when Canvey were going well in several competitions, including the FA Trophy.

It is referred to in this Guardian piece, although the subsequent link to the CIFC website isn't working

I think Park Lane is probably below sea level, given the slope up to the sea wall behind the ground. Can't be much in it either way though.

Last season Bowers were playing every Tuesday. Thursday and Saturday. For 2 or 3 weeks.

And I think you are thinking of the year before when that was the case due to a crap pitch and an absolutely magnificent FA Vase run when they were a whisker away from getting to Wembley. Some of their games were played at Concord's and Canvey's grounds. I saw quite a few of those matches.

The pitch is so much better now !

He may be referring to the 2000/01 season, when Canvey were going well in several competitions, including the FA Trophy.

It is referred to in this Guardian piece, although the subsequent link to the CIFC website isn't working

I think Park Lane is probably below sea level, given the slope up to the sea wall behind the ground. Can't be much in it either way though.

Yes, I remember that, I thought he was talking more recently.

You could say they were "going well" ... I saw them win the FA Trophy at Villa Park and it took a really good team to knock them out of the FA Cup !

Yes, I remember that, I thought he was talking more recently.

You could say they were "going well" ... I saw them win the FA Trophy at Villa Park and it took a really good team to knock them out of the FA Cup !

I was at that FA Trophy Final too; heady days for The Gulls. I still enjoy popping down to Park Lane on occasions; seeing the ships roll along the estuary often provides a welcome distraction from the action on the field.

Thats not a pitch, that's a beach.

DVX431iWAAE-rEQ.jpg

DVX4049X4AEAgfR.jpg

Rochdale Beat millwall 1-0, so another Saturday league game postponed for them.

Last season their pitch was very good indeed, we got pasted on it. How has it got so bad? looks worse than ours now.

Last season their pitch was very good indeed, we got pasted on it. How has it got so bad? looks worse than ours now.

Yes - I have been to games there when it has been looking quite lovely. No chance of temperatures getting up to grass growing levels at the moment .... or indeed for most of February according to the weather forecasts.

Back