• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's fine to suggest bringing on players but that means a player going off so perhaps we should say who goes off as well. I remember at least a couple of games where Brown would take off Tims (Stevenage away as one - to the incredulity of most fans) and we went backwards.

We don't start the match a goal down, by all means bring him on if we need a goal but I don't see why we should risk weakening our defence from the start given that we scoring loads as it is.

I presume your joking..... 42 goals in 33 games is hardly "scoring loads".

There are currently 3 teams that are below us in the league table that have scored more goals than us so far this season (& 2 of them are in a relegation battle). Needles to say, one of those teams we face in a few hours!!

I presume your joking..... 42 goals in 33 games is hardly "scoring loads".

There are currently 3 teams that are below us in the league table that have scored more goals than us so far this season (& 2 of them are in a relegation battle). Needles to say, one of those teams we face in a few hours!!

I think the poster was talking about recent games and 10 in the last 5 is a good return.

I think the poster was talking about recent games and 10 in the last 5 is a good return.
Of course ten in five is a good return but in that ten only one came from a striker. Until that problem is solved we are over reliant on goals from set pieces by defenders and the occasional penalty and own goal. It's a weakness that I am sure the new manager will want to address as a priority. Whether Lapado is the answer I doubt it but time will tell.

What’s happened to Manton? Why would they loan him out if he is that good? Is this another good medical? and that other guy from Rangers

Of course ten in five is a good return but in that ten only one came from a striker. Until that problem is solved we are over reliant on goals from set pieces by defenders and the occasional penalty and own goal. It's a weakness that I am sure the new manager will want to address as a priority. Whether Lapado is the answer I doubt it but time will tell.

Sadly time has already told.

why loan a plyer who isn't fit .And if he is fit now why wasn't he at least on the bench last sat And will he get any game time against Donny .

why loan a plyer who isn't fit .And if he is fit now why wasn't he at least on the bench last sat And will he get any game time against Donny .

it seams it’s all gone quiet about Manton, like you said a very, very strange situation, to borrow someone who is clearly unfit.

He probably wasn't on the bench because Wright/Wordsworth were and you don't need three CMs on the bench.

He probably wasn't on the bench because Wright/Wordsworth were and you don't need three CMs on the bench.

According to many, a fit Manton is better than some of the above players, papers have not even mentioned him since, or anyone on here, must be injured.

And we have our answer! On the bench today, would be good to see a bit of him on the pitch today to see what he’s about.
Yes ,shame he wasn’t brought on,though in fairness both Yearwood and Wright improved after being anonymous first half.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Mantom was warming up on the line he had his tracksuit bottoms off. I thought 'good, he's coming on for Wright'. Sadly, it didn't happen. I reckon he may get a start on Tuesday though.

When Mantom was warming up on the line he had his tracksuit bottoms off. I thought 'good, he's coming on for Wright'. Sadly, it didn't happen. I reckon he may get a start on Tuesday though.

That is how I see it too; Wright got "given" a full game to see if he could be the partner for the future midfield which is Dru +1 and it didn't work very well. Mantom will get a full game too.
maybe SCP sees Tims and Woody as ready subs/replacements and knows more about those two.
Gawd knows what the condition of Kiernon is?

That is how I see it too; Wright got "given" a full game to see if he could be the partner for the future midfield which is Dru +1 and it didn't work very well. Mantom will get a full game too.
maybe SCP sees Tims and Woody as ready subs/replacements and knows more about those two.
Gawd knows what the condition of Kiernon is?

He seems to have been out for ages. At least he can sit up now.
red-skeleton.jpg

Back