• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Chris Powell has confirmed the appointment of Kevin Keen & Damian Matthew as his Assistant Managers.

Roger Cross also joins Blues as Head of Recruitment.

lfnawW.jpg

Excellent news all round. Roger Cross will also no doubt bring considerable experience to the job of Chief Scout as he played at West Ham, Brentford, Fulham, Millwall and Seattle USA. Also youth Manager at Millwall, Assistant Manager to Terry Francis at Spurs, reserve coach , West Ham, then chief Scout.
Bags of experience but marginally younger than Bob Scott? Not quite the young dynamic analytics approach I had in mind, but hey he starts fresh and lets hope he can continue to spot young talent and do a great job assessing other teams if given that role as well. Who knows he may even have special x ray eye ball powers when it comes to talent spotting in the lower leagues??

Roger Cross is 70 in October......Brian Horton is 69 on Sunday... Both spring chickens compared with Barry Fry who is 73 in April....

Happy with all of this. I’d expect much better from Roger Cross than we got from Horton. Let’s be honest, if Horton did do anything at all it was utter pony as our recruitment was shocking since we had him. Shame, as I had a soft spot for Man City when he was their manager.

Safety this season, with the management assessing the squad in depth and putting detailed plans in place to make the necessary adjustments for next season - and to have those plans with Ron in advance of the end of the season.

Is it me or has Damian Matthew got a great sun tan and a serious sagging problem with his right nipple :nope:

Wasn't Kevin Antons caretaker manager at West Ham and didn't Chris play with him at West Ham .

Back