• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolute joy to be there yesterday. Every single player put a shift in and the togetherness was there for all to see. New man crush on SCP as well, what a guy :Worthy:

I’d assume the OP was more interested in the live video feed of matches. That is only available to non-UK users, presumably as it could be seen as an alternative to attending the game itself and affecting the attendance.

There are ways to get it working within the UK though. PM me for details.

Shhhhhh, I was on the Costa del Rochford, however my iPad was in Berlin :smile:

How was Anthony Grant? Always had a soft spot for him given his support of the club in the past.

Loved him at Southend and loved the fact that when touched he generally won a freekick, later Lenny took over this role
Yesterday he left me fuming, everytime a southend player breathed on him he fell over. He wound Dru up good and proper resulting in Dru taking him out and getting booked, but thats his game, love him or hate him its effective and refs keep falling for it

Re. Anthony Grant

Yesterday he left me fuming, everytime a southend player breathed on him he fell over. He wound Dru up good and proper resulting in Dru taking him out and getting booked, but thats his game, love him or hate him its effective and refs keep falling for it
That's pretty much the way I saw it, too. The tactic worked partly with regard to Dru, as he was clearly being far more careful with his challenges after the booking. To Dru's great credit, he stuck to his task and continued to be a thorn in Peterborough's side.

How was Anthony Grant? Always had a soft spot for him given his support of the club in the past.

First time we’ve played against him and I didn’t really notice him to be fair. But I think that’s testament to how good Timlin and Yearwood were

One thing that stands out for me having seen SCP's opening 2 games, is how influential the wingers have been. Macca and Kightly ripped their fullbacks to shreds, every time Kightly knocked it round him I got weaker at the knees.

One thing that stands out for me having seen SCP's opening 2 games, is how influential the wingers have been. Macca and Kightly ripped their fullbacks to shreds, every time Kightly knocked it round him I got weaker at the knees.

Said this on Saturday....wingers being allowed to play as wingers. Nor rocket science but simple.

With something like that, it's often a mindset thing.

I think, under-PB, we did try to utilize an attacking formation and threat, but I also sensed that players main instruction was to ensure we don't lose a defensive shape and not give the ball away, so the safe pass was preferred to the risky one.

Under SCP, I think the opposite may well be the case. In other words, put balls into the danger area and don't be afraid to try a shot from distance.

Whilst PB is right, insomuch as you don't lose games if you keep things tight, there should also be a little bit of licence to take a few risks.

That might be why both Macca and Kites feel the shackles are off a bit and they can express themselves a little more.

Back