• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big clubs are already aware of him, first game of the season I was talking to two Tottenham scouts in the east stand who came just to see him play (he was benched) and there was at least 4/5 other scouts there that day as well.

I've spoken to Dru's agent a fair few times (great guy) and he has told Dru not to think about moving anywhere anytime soon, thankfully he's in it for the players future not a big payday like many other agents.

Big clubs are already aware of him, first game of the season I was talking to two Tottenham scouts in the east stand who came just to see him play (he was benched) and there was at least 4/5 other scouts there that day as well.

I've spoken to Dru's agent a fair few times (great guy) and he has told Dru not to think about moving anywhere anytime soon, thankfully he's in it for the players future not a big payday like many other agents.

Yeah its great news .... i always thought Leon Johnson was a nice bloke + a decent pro + the fact he's fondly remembered by us more mature Shrimpers possibly helps with Dru's guidance....
Its a refreshing change and hopefully Leon will gain more respect throughout the industry with actual good advise for his client rather than the usual football agents greediness. Good on 'em !

pdB531U.jpg

You must have been in the blues because won of them was sitting in the same row as me.

The academy coaches are aware of every player who has any potential from the age of 14 onwards.

Two scouts? Seems unlikely as we all know Chris Powell's previous position was Spurs scout and there's only one Chrissy Powell...

This is true, sadly. Everyone in the system is on everyone's books and Dru will have pinged the radar of a number of interested parties who are now doing exactly what we're all doing and trying to figure out if he's Championship good or Premier League good.

I'm only saying this because I don't want anyone to shout at me for alerting the scouts when I rave about him on the Totally Football League Show tomorrow!

You must have been in the blues because won of them was sitting in the same row as me.

The academy coaches are aware of every player who has any potential from the age of 14 onwards.

This is true, sadly. Everyone in the system is on everyone's books and Dru will have pinged the radar of a number of interested parties who are now doing exactly what we're all doing and trying to figure out if he's Championship good or Premier League good.

I'm only saying this because I don't want anyone to shout at me for alerting the scouts when I rave about him on the Totally Football League Show tomorrow!

Blatant advertising will cost you a pint next Saturday Iain :dim:

*Totally* don't know what you mean. Can't a man mention the *Football League* in general terms? You'll have to *Show* me where that's written down. I have free time *Every Tuesday*.
Blatant advertising will cost you a pint next Saturday Iain :dim:

A good mention for our future superstar Dru in today's Goals pull out in the Sun.
'Whizkid to watch.
Dru Yearwood at Southend. The midfielder celebrated his 18th birthday last Saturday. He has made 16 appearances already this season in the Shrimpers' midfield.
Yearwood started their last five league one games and a lot of the big boys are watching! '
So well done Dru, keep it up, most of us on Shrimperzone believe in you.
And you big boys, leave him where he is for another season.

Back