• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New member here.

Moved to Essex for a spell from 1989 through 1998-ish and started following Southend United as my "local team" shortly thereafter. Went pretty regularly through the promotion seasons, driving to away games in a C-Reg Rover 216 with Jamie from Grays and Stuart "the postman" from Billericay. Also made good friends with the boys from Wickford, including Steve "the Train Driver" and Mark (Leeds fan).

Also went through a spell of away games taking a 5 year old and a 5 month old in tow (part of my babysitting duties). This included a trip where once I got on the train at Euston I realised how far away Stoke is from Essex. Tommy Mooney ensured that the trip was not in vain.

Favourite memory is David Crown scoring 2 up at Peterborough to seal promotion to Div 3, and an "eventful" walk back to the station. Plus a mental pre-season friendly at Chesham United where we met the legend that is Graham Bressington drinking in the Chesham social club ("Bress" was not in the squad that day, and he wasn't on orange juice if you catch my drift).

Cheers!

I now live in Switzerland and follow Southend from afar, making trips back to my home town of Edinburgh to watch Hearts.

New member here.

Moved to Essex for a spell from 1989 through 1998-ish and started following Southend United as my "local team" shortly thereafter. Went pretty regularly through the promotion seasons, driving to away games in a C-Reg Rover 216 with Jamie from Grays and Stuart "the postman" from Billericay. Also made good friends with the boys from Wickford, including Steve "the Train Driver" and Mark (Leeds fan).

Also went through a spell of away games taking a 5 year old and a 5 month old in tow (part of my babysitting duties). This included a trip where once I got on the train at Euston I realised how far away Stoke is from Essex. Tommy Mooney ensured that the trip was not in vain.

Favourite memory is David Crown scoring 2 up at Peterborough to seal promotion to Div 3, and an "eventful" walk back to the station. Plus a mental pre-season friendly at Chesham United where we met the legend that is Graham Bressington drinking in the Chesham social club ("Bress" was not in the squad that day, and he wasn't on orange juice if you catch my drift).

Cheers!

I now live in Switzerland and follow Southend from afar, making trips back to my home town of Edinburgh to watch Hearts.

Welcome, Bob. You're part of The Jambo Shrimpers along with Groyne Strain who posts on here.

Welcome aboard Sir, I have some very fond memories of Edinburgh, great city. I class Hearts as my north of the border team.

Met a great group of Jambos playing footy on the Beach in Ko Samui travelled with them after they helped me out one night. Used to meet up in London and Edinburgh but never did get to a planned Hearts game. Up until then unlike a lot of fans I never really had a Scottish team.

Welcome to the land of make believe Bob, you can check in, but you can never leave. :winking:

Back