• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
Like everyone Im delighted to see the progress of Yearwood and the excellence of our academy with so may youngsters coming through. But I wish I could get more info on the progress of our boys and our youths development. I read all the Under 23 and academy match reports and what other news comes out and also the odd programme snippetts but still feel a bit ignorant and would like to know more.

Any one know for example whats happened to Matsuzaka ? Two Academy games back in Sept/Oct and barely seen since. Is he injured. What about our Norm, Looked good in two brief first team cameos then whammo no Wabo. Has he taken a knock? Sonny Coutts ?injured. I know Seadon is out on loan , are Bexon and Walker still loaned out?
Are Bwomono and Kyps really getting enough proper game time to match their abilities? with the under 23s just having 8 game in the past 5 months? , potentially less for some lads with 3 new players incoming

Should we farm out more? Questions, Questions Questions!!
Anyone in a position to shine more light ? :dunce:, share a view

Like everyone Im delighted to see the progress of Yearwood and the excellence of our academy with so may youngsters coming through. But I wish I could get more info on the progress of our boys and our youths development. I read all the Under 23 and academy match reports and what other news comes out and also the odd programme snippetts but still feel a bit ignorant and would like to know more.

Any one know for example whats happened to Matsuzaka ? Two Academy games back in Sept/Oct and barely seen since. Is he injured. What about our Norm, Looked good in two brief first team cameos then whammo no Wabo. Has he taken a knock? Sonny Coutts ?injured. I know Seadon is out on loan , are Bexon and Walker still loaned out?
Are Bwomono and Kyps really getting enough proper game time to match their abilities? with the under 23s just having 8 game in the past 5 months? , potentially less for some lads with 3 new players incoming

On a recent thread you were extolling the virtues of the loan system. This demonstrates the downside as Wabo has gone down the pecking order with the signing of the young Spurs striker on loan. If you want to bring in loanees be prepared for the inevitable consequences.

Kyprianou did break into the team and until he was injured was keeping White out of the team. With John White's injury he is now next reserve and there is a good chance he will get another opportunity given Ferdinand's and Turner's injury records. There is little benefit therefore in loaning him out.

Bwomono is going to struggle to get much game time with Demetriou in the team and when fit John White is a better sub if he is not in the first 11 as he can play anywhere across the back line. With White's injury though I would now expect Bwomono to be on the subs bench as back up. In the current circumstances it would be foolhardy to loan him out.

Jo Bedford got a nasty Injury whilst on loan at Brightlingsea I believe.Abdul Salami seems to have been kidnapped by aliens.

Norman Wabo looks like he's going to be the real deal. I hope SCP is aware of his talent and how well he performed in his two sub appearances.

Our recent record of injuries suggests that their turn will come fairly soon......

On a recent thread you were extolling the virtues of the loan system. This demonstrates the downside as Wabo has gone down the pecking order with the signing of the young Spurs striker on loan. If you want to bring in loanees be prepared for the inevitable consequences.

Kyprianou did break into the team and until he was injured was keeping White out of the team. With John White's injury he is now next reserve and there is a good chance he will get another opportunity given Ferdinand's and Turner's injury

records. There is little benefit therefore in loaning him out.

Thanks for the info, views and update. You are quite right I have been extolling the virtues of the loan system and pleased we have used it. I do take your point and recognise the dilemma and others have also commented on the disadvantages, i.e. pushing our home grown down the list a bit. However I wasnt being inconsistent since part of my question was whether we should be exercising more loan out options ourselves given the limitations of occasional Under 23 football? I also hope that by some of our boys going out more they may develop more quickly and get closer to first team action.

Last edited:

Harry Seaden was on a work experience loan with Colchester; they required a goalkeeper for their FA Youth Cup matches after releasing their regular custodian and not having a first-year to fill in. Paul Smith is their Academy Goalkeeping Coach and, as Seaden was an unused substitute in our FA Youth Cup tie, it was a great experience for him to play in the competition. He has been playing for our U18s each weekend.

Josh Bexon and Dan Walker both returned from their loan spells with FC Kitzbuhel in November. Both have featured for the U23s since (Bexon more regularly).

Current youngsters out on loan are midfielder Lewis Gard from the U23s, who is at Bostik League North Division club Aveley (from where youth team striker Sewa Marah has just returned), youth team captain Harry Cuthbert, who recently joined Brentwood Town in the same division, and right-back Dan Humphreys, who has been with Bostik Premier side Lowestoft Town since November. Wingers Nico Cotton and Alex Clark have also spent time with the Trawlerboys.

The U23s have played 13 league and cup matches this season, and regularly line-up friendlies for midweeks when there is no Central League action. In fact, we're sending a team to Aveley on Monday evening, so I'd encourage anyone who is available to pop down to Parkside to take a look.

This year has certainly seen a real step-up in the structure of U23s football and more players have been able to go out on loan, which is a real benefit to all parties.

Wasn't there a thread some time again, Abdul Salami was released and the signed by Fiorentina or some foreign club out of left field.

I would hope that with KM and RD being in charge before CP was appointed, they would've made him very aware of the current stock at the club. Particularly the youth.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?94827-Abdul-Salami&highlight=Abdul+Salami

Frankfurt apparently.

so your telling me that Salami is now a Frankfurter :stunned:

Back